Author Topic: Spell Focusing Sash  (Read 8124 times)

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Spell Focusing Sash
« on: September 13, 2011, 10:33:57 AM »
I'm trying to get the Spell Focusing icon on my buffbar.  But cannot figure it out.

Has anyone out thier used the spell focusing sash .. or other method to get the spell focusing icon on thier buff/debuff bar ?

thanks all.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Spell Focusing Sash
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 12:35:00 PM »
I have not.. but I believe I do have one that I would use to help you out if needed.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 12:41:42 PM »
i have one as well .. just cant figure out how to activate it and i know how stupid that sounds.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 12:54:36 PM »
From my understanding there isn't exactly an activation.  It is constant and fluctuates damage.  In fact.... I should have read this thread along freaking time ago so that I better understood how to make this thing work to my advantage.

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/230615-spell-focusing-sash-slayer-spellbook-%3D-less-damage-per-cast.html

Not sure if you have read that thread but there is information in it from a UO Designer explaining the way it works.  I hope this helps.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 01:02:45 PM »
thanks for that.. but ive read all already.   Its not working for me.   I can get the Weapons Focus to work... I use a gem on a weapon equip that weapon and the buff icon appears.

Now when i equip the spellfocus sash no bufficon appears... and ive tried casting on all kind of things to try and get a buff icon .. bu tnothing i seem to do seems to activate the sash.   Maybe i have a bugged sash i dont know.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 01:05:19 PM »
I thought you had to "use" the sash?

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 01:07:43 PM »
Have you tried it in both clients to see if maybe it just isn't showing up in one or the other?  Assuming you are using classic client?

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 01:12:24 PM »
I thought you had to "use" the sash?

Care to elaborate on that... how do i go about using the sash.  (yes only using the classic client)

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 02:04:41 PM »
bump .. its the last icon i need  so any help at all would be appreciated.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 03:57:12 PM »
Isn't that the "tuned" damage thing? Or am I thinking of something else??

If you get hit by the elemental damage that the item is "tuned" to then there's a chance part of the damage done to you will be applied as health.

That might be something else.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 04:09:20 PM »
Isn't that the "tuned" damage thing? Or am I thinking of something else??

If you get hit by the elemental damage that the item is "tuned" to then there's a chance part of the damage done to you will be applied as health.

That might be something else.

thats something else.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 04:51:22 PM »
I'm thinking it may work passively like the damage eater property found on the Basilisk Hide Breastplate.

Is there a buff icon for the focus on the Protector of the Battle Mage and the Enchanted Kelp Leggings?

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 06:10:02 PM »
I'm thinking it may work passively like the damage eater property found on the Basilisk Hide Breastplate.

Is there a buff icon for the focus on the Protector of the Battle Mage and the Enchanted Kelp Leggings?

No idea .. do those items have the Spell Focusing  identifier on them.  Or do they have the weapons focusing tag.

EDIT: from Uoguide http://www.uoguide.com/Casting_Focus

Casting Focus is an item property found on certain armor. It provides a chance to resist any interruptions while casting spells. It has a cumulative cap of 12%[1]. Inscription also grants a 5% bonus in addition and can exceed the item cap.

So no this is not SPELL FOCUSING witch has a completely different effect. http://www.uoguide.com/Spell_Focusing   I'm beging to think i have a bugged item.. going to look for a replacement one.

patch notes: http://www.uoherald.com/node/422
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 06:23:28 PM by Endless Night »

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 06:50:21 PM »
OK i knew it was going to turn out to be something incredibly simple and stupidly obvious.

After buying another sash... i discovered you can single click it to get a context popup menu to enable/disable spell focusing. But only when its equipped. (Which is a little annoying if like me you wear a cloak and its totally covered up).

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 08:51:32 PM »
Nicely done EN you educated me in the process as well.

I was never quite sure about those Spell Focusing Sashes. I always thought they came as part of TMap Look but looks like they were dropped in the on going war.

I may have to see if I can't get my grubby hands on a few more.

Are these Spell Focusing Sashes still dropping?

Tags: