Author Topic: Hi - Back Playing UO after decade hiatus  (Read 2064 times)

Offline jazzpassineTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jazzpassine has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi - Back Playing UO after decade hiatus
« on: August 30, 2018, 05:23:33 PM »
Hello everyone,

I used to play UO on the private server Arcodia from around 2001 to 2005. I never played on an OSI server but have played on many emulators. Sphere is my favorite of the emulators because of the combat system. Unfortunately Arcodia is not back but Santiago just re-opened and that was a good enough reason for me to return to UO. Santiago is a lot of fun, one thing I wish that it did, that Arcodia did, was enforce RP. This does not mean there are safe zones, just PVP needs an RP. Arcodia required new players write an RP for their character before they were given an account (no auto-account).

To me UO is the greatest game ever made. I did leave the game to play WOW when WOW was released but I have come to realize some of  what makes UO special may never be recreated. The loot system and crafting is what makes UO, in my opinion, have the best player economy of all time. Maybe EVE Online, but I've never played that game so I'm not considering it, HA!

*Cheers*
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:30:17 PM by jazzpassine »

Offline oddtoddy

• Activity:
    0%
  • oddtoddy has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Re: Hi - Back Playing UO after decade hiatus
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 05:29:17 PM »
Wow, Sphere is so old! I think you're going to find that things have gotten much better :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 05:32:23 PM »
Wow, Sphere is so old! I think you're going to find that things have gotten much better :)

Over the years, I've tried various shards but none seem to get the combat the way I remember (and  like)  except the sphere ones. Sphere died off for awhile, and every server seemed to be Run UO. Even the Run UO servers like Cataclysm that claim to be sphere style aren't. For instance, Cataclysm doesn't have LOS fizzle magery.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 07:02:06 PM »

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 09:13:53 PM »

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Thank you :D

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 03:07:08 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: