Author Topic: Just a question, and a thought  (Read 3685 times)

Offline Mobeater_AgainTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mobeater_Again has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Just a question, and a thought
« on: October 22, 2015, 05:13:58 PM »
Quoted from Crome969 from a response a previous thread of mine
"GetGumpInfo(GumpIndex, gi); => you give correct index and pass object you want to be written and stealth generate the object."

could someone please explain how I go about knowing the correct index or go about getting it?

I am trying to learn this, but for the life of me, I can not grasp it. I learned EasyUO by using peoples scripts and seeing what they did, and alas writing simple scripts. The difference is, there is alot of understandable documentation for the EasyUO script language.

I have tried to use the docs at stealth's main site, the problem is they seem to be written for programmers. I would venture to say, a vast majority of people who use EasyUO are not programmers in the sense of writing strict code.

The transition from one to the other is a vast gap, as stealth is written in a strict programming language, and thus is not easily comprehensible from non programming type people. If it was a little more user friendly, I would guess more people would venture in to the Stealth community.

I am not trying to discount stealth, I really see what it can do, and how powerful it is, it truly  is > EasyUO, of that I have no doubt. But the need to basically learn an entire programming language to write scripts for it, seems a little daunting....to say the least.

Thank You,
Mobeater_Again

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: Just a question, and a thought
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 11:56:39 PM »

Offline Mobeater_AgainTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mobeater_Again has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Just a question, and a thought
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 12:03:48 AM »
Thank you very much crome!! The comments in that code you posted make it 100 times easier to understand! When I get this sorted and working, hopefully tomorrow, I will most definatley post it here, as well as on my shards board as well, in an effort to bring more people to this tool :)

I really do appreciate all your help sir!

My Thanks to you!

-Mobeater

Tags: