Author Topic: Getting Shown Versus Real Skill  (Read 3808 times)

Offline VlekTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Vlek has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Bloodclan Orcs
Getting Shown Versus Real Skill
« on: November 11, 2015, 08:19:21 AM »
I'm playing a Pre-AOS server that has skill bonuses based on stat points. It appears that steatlh.GetSkillValue only returns the real skill level. Is there a way to receive the value under the "Current" column in the Skills tab of stealth?

Offline Biza

• Activity:
    0%
  • Biza has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Shown Versus Real Skill
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 11:53:12 PM »
Freeshards usually require people to download the shard you play on to give an answer, posting the freeshard you play on may get you more help than a vague description of how it works. I don't know much about stealth other than it works similar to euo. Your going to have to write it, its not as hard as it looks.

X * Y + skill = Z

#str * %howmuchskillper + #skill (identify the skill first!) = %totalskill

There is a wiki to help with math in scripts and it should outline everything you need to do it.

Otherwise you would have to write it to identify the numbers on the skill chart and that would be several thousand times harder as it has to do with pixels.
There is a write up by cheffe on how to do this, I dont know if we are allowed to post links to other forums or not, so your going to have to search for it. but i suggest not attempting that as it seems to be an advanced scripters only.
Quote from: TrailMyx
These are the things we look for in new users and perspective Elite members:

Quoting Elites/GMods/Admins in your siggys.

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 07:12:29 AM »
So then i answer you. No its not possible unless we make an exception on code handler for your shard with the math of your shard. Stealth is a neutral client, so i dont think that will happen. But last person to decide will be always Vizit0r.,

Offline VlekTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Vlek has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
    • Bloodclan Orcs
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 04:03:04 PM »
You guys aren't understanding. It's not something stealth isn't currently seeing. I shouldn't even have mentioned the server I'm playing on because it's the vanilla RunUO system that's at play. I want the information that's in the current skill column. See the picture.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
current versus real.png

Tags: