Scripting Resources & Utilities > UOAI Corner

Interesting

(1/6) > >>

casca:
I'm very interested in this project... I wonder if that packet sniffer he built can detect hidden items/people :P

TrailMyx:
Great historical summary.  Thanks for sharing that!

Masscre:
Did i miss something?  I am really confused now i think !? This also sounds like the old enigma project that i worked with back in the late 90's.

Artaxerxes:

--- Quote from: Masscre on September 20, 2009, 05:48:52 PM ---Did i miss something?  I am really confused now i think !? This also sounds like the old enigma project that i worked with back in the late 90's.

--- End quote ---
I think you might have missed the other two threads in this UOAI Corner? (http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=2693.0 & http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=2689.msg20364#msg20364 )
(though enigma code might have been more interesting? :D)

--- Quote from: casca on September 20, 2009, 06:54:21 AM ---I'm very interested in this project... I wonder if that packet sniffer he built can detect hidden items/people :P

--- End quote ---

Well, i think not. If with hidden you mean the result of the hiding skill or invisibility spell or anything like that... than the server actually removes these items/mobiles from all client's screens and doesn't send a packet about them anymore until they are revealed. On the other hand you can detect a mobile being removed from your screen, for which the reason might be hiden (though you would have to analyze other packets to determine the actual reason)
If hidden just means invisible because something is blocking any sight to it, than yes, it can be detected; not only packet based.

Greetz,
Artaxerxes

casca:

--- Quote ---Well, i think not. If with hidden you mean the result of the hiding skill or invisibility spell or anything like that... than the server actually removes these items/mobiles from all client's screens and doesn't send a packet about them anymore until they are revealed. On the other hand you can detect a mobile being removed from your screen, for which the reason might be hiden (though you would have to analyze other packets to determine the actual reason)
If hidden just means invisible because something is blocking any sight to it, than yes, it can be detected; not only packet based.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply :)  Yes by hidden I mean invis/hiding/stealth.  I seem to remember something called "the all seeing eye" or something like that back in the day that allowed you to see hidden people in another RPG (microsoft's one I dont' remember the name off hand but it was big at the time).

If it's removed... then what happens when someone uses detect hidden or tracking?  Does it populate the info at that time for EVERYONE or just the client using those skills?... Also if you are using the skill tracking or detect hidden for instance... does it bring the data into the stream at that point or does it wait for a successful roll?  Just curious, but is sounds like perhaps if played with there might be an opportunity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version