Author Topic: Not playing is the best part!  (Read 2434 times)

Offline savestheydayTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • savestheyday has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Not playing is the best part!
« on: March 24, 2016, 07:17:08 AM »
Hey everyone, my name is savestheyday.  I registered this account back in 2012 when I was intoxicated and spelled "savestheday" wrong.  I figured I might as well get around to introducing myself.

Ultima online was my religion from 2000 to 2006.  I somehow played all day ever day on Lake Superior with a dial up connection.  Eventually I got a DSL connection and could finally PVP, where I ran with all the dominant champ spawn guilds of the era.  When I went to college in 2006, I lost interest in UO (what I thought was for good) and canceled my accounts letting my two towers drop with all my wealth inside them.  Now I'm just a dirt poor nooblet looking for a community to take me under their wings and help me understand all the crazy new stuff.  I really like this site, and have been lurking the forums for a couple months now.  I really feel like this site may be the last bastion of the UO community, because stratics seems to be an echo chamber for rares collectors, and all the sites like uopowergamers, askchopper, and pvp guild forums are dead.  If you can look past my atrocious grammar, I think I might fit in here!

I always had a love for computers and automation, but was pushed into medicine during college.  I would get "the itch" to play MMOs, but never had the time, so I would just end up botting 24/7 without ever playing.  I botted heavily on WoW and Diablo2, which gave me a warm fuzzy feeling even though I rarely actually played the game (hence the thread title).  Now that I finally have some free time here and there, I'm looking to teach myself how to use EasyUO properly, and build myself back up from nothing.  I understand the basics, but my scripts always end up feeling sickly and self destructive.  I'm also interested in programming, and have been teaching myself by reading "Learn Python the Hard Way" and "Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs."  My progress has been a slow grind, but I someday hope to get to the level of other members of this community.   

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Not playing is the best part!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 07:53:00 AM »

Welcome back! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 05:58:42 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 08:44:08 AM »
Single player games I still love.  Diablo 2 was the last one I ever finished from start to finish.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline savestheydayTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • savestheyday has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 12:14:49 AM »
You guys would have loved Diablo 2 botting!!!!

Believe it or not, even after all these years, (14 years later??) Blizzard started patching one of their legacy games, which made it extremely difficulty to bot on. I actually had 12 CD keys which I used to run 4 characters in the same game on simultaneously 24/7.  It was a blast, because you only ever competed against yourself.  Every ladder reset, you were trying to get better gear quicker, and to set up you main team as soon as possible.

You guys would have especially loved the game, because a large portion of it was optimizing your characters/gear/scripts to specific portions of the game.  I definitely get the vibe on this site that efficiency and optimization are guilty (or not so guity?) pleasures when it comes to scripting games.

A HUGE portion of my experience botting Blizzard games,  such as diablo 2 and world of warcraft, was coordination and synergy between multiple accounts with different builds.  I was able to use 4 accounts working together to accomplish anything I wanted on diablo 2.  Using 2 world of warcraft accounts I was able to farm 6+ figure honorable kills (without a ban) and max cap countless characters to max level.  This is an aspect of UO I'm excited to explore!  A main goal of mine as I refine my knowledge of scripting (and the confusing game in general) is to create scripts which depend on the coordination of 2+ accounts.

Offline Tana

• Activity:
    0%
  • Tana has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 11:19:35 AM »
Welcome to SUO! ive been writing gathering profiles for wow for YEARS now lol only got caught once and they gave me a 6 month ban.

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cybercasper has no influence.
  • Respect: +41
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 05:27:30 AM »
love seeing returning players welcome

Tags: