Author Topic: New error showing up in journal  (Read 2471 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
New error showing up in journal
« on: October 08, 2015, 04:03:20 AM »
Heya,

They activated the latest expansion on my shard this morning but the patch isn't forced. I completed a trade with someone and an error message popped up.  "error: megacliloc not found". It showed up in game as a message and on my journal which, if a GM or some type of anti-bot program looks, is right there for them to see. I only had EUO running at the time and had no scripts running at all during the trade.

Should I be worried that this is showing up in my journal?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: New error showing up in journal
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 04:41:43 AM »
That's because you haven't patched.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 07:16:57 AM »
Heya,

They activated the latest expansion on my shard this morning but the patch isn't forced. I completed a trade with someone and an error message popped up.  "error: megacliloc not found". It showed up in game as a message and on my journal which, if a GM or some type of anti-bot program looks, is right there for them to see. I only had EUO running at the time and had no scripts running at all during the trade.

Should I be worried that this is showing up in my journal?

Clilocs = Localized Languange dictionaries for Text. Server send a Value (and sometimes parameters to fill) and client use that value to search for the text, then build a full text for client with parameters.
On this way multiple languanges can be handled very easy.

So in your case Server send value client not know. So client shows an exception message CLIENT SIDED ONLY.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 05:06:14 PM »
OK, I'm expecting a few more patches over the next few days and would prefer not to patch just yet if I don't have to. Client side only = for my eyes only I guess, but it did show up in my journal... OSI can't read that?

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 11:05:54 PM »
OK, I'm expecting a few more patches over the next few days and would prefer not to patch just yet if I don't have to. Client side only = for my eyes only I guess, but it did show up in my journal... OSI can't read that?

The Journal you see is an object container on client side.
You need to understand, that those strings you see on your journal, unless a hidden action send them additional always client sided.
There exist a protocol how server and client talk. And the Journal is prolly only a visible way on client side, where the server tells the user something and the client keeps it as history.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 04:41:53 AM »
Awesome, nice to know, thanks for the info Crome.

Tags: