Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 485194 times)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #255 on: December 07, 2010, 08:51:23 AM »
I haven't published 2.0q yet.

ahh IC - Thanks!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 07, 2010, 05:56:43 PM »
You should delete the existing save files.  The latest version of the FAF(2.0q) doesn't save at C:\ but at the same location of EUO.  2.0p is the same for saving purposes.

One of the files is:

%shard , _ , %charname , _fishing , #dot , txt.  

So if you're poophead from Sonoma, your filename is:

sonoma_poophead_fishing.txt

Contained in this file is the name of the actual configuration file.  Locate this one and delete it.  The default name of this other file is "fishing_setup.txt"

So verify you can find these files, then delete them.

Also, be sure you are running the latest published version attached to the first post.

- Confirmed running latest version
- Searched my EUO directory for my sonoma_poophead_fishing.txt equivalent.  Nada.  Same for fishing_setup.txt.  I think this is a vista problem.  I seem to remember testing SS's WIT and having trouble writing to files unless I moved all EUO files to the root directory.  However, I don't remember ever having trouble saving my setup for the Quester.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2010, 07:15:44 PM »
I dunno, it's trying to save it somewhere and is failing.  Are you running EUO with administrative rights?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 08, 2010, 06:17:11 PM »
I am now.  Now it's creating the file, but when I reload the settings, nothing is checked.  I know it's doing SOMETHING, because typically it checks a bunch of the menu boxes when I fire it up from a cold start....

After I load these alleged settings, I try to 'start' but get the 'you must run guided setup' message.

Head cold and exhaustion isn't helping the old noggin think this one through, either...

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2010, 07:18:02 PM »
I've also had alot of issues with the FaF'er saving the set up most likely Vista issues as well even though I'm running as Administrator.

Finally last night I ended up manually editing the fishing_setup.txt file with all the ID's of my runebook, boat key, slayer book etc.

I renamed the file fishing_setup_ultima. Then opened my Europa_Ultima_Fishing file and edited so it now says:

Code: [Select]
set %setupfile fishing_setup_Ultima.txt

Now it's all working good on all my accounts/characters that I have fishing. Much thanks to Nobama and Khameleon for helping with issues and fine tuning!

Thus far Off Osiredon I've managed to pull 3 one tile soul forges, 1 Enchanted Coral Bracelet, and 1 Leviathan Hide Bracers after tossing approximately 60 White Nets. Ironically I've only received 2 ML artifact drops from the Leviathan..neither of which was a Ghost Anchor or Sea Horse Statuette.

All Glory to the Admiral TM and the FaF'er!

Thankyou Sir!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2010, 08:16:06 PM »
Thankfully OEUO makes things alot easier saving files....
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2010, 09:25:20 PM »

.....Thus far Off Osiredon I've managed to pull 3 one tile soul forges, 1 Enchanted Coral Bracelet, and 1 Leviathan Hide Bracers after tossing approximately 60 White Nets. Ironically I've only received 2 ML artifact drops from the Leviathan..neither of which was a Ghost Anchor or Sea Horse Statuette.

All Glory to the Admiral TM and the FaF'er!

Thankyou Sir!

did you solo Scalis - did you use cannons?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 08, 2010, 10:01:50 PM »
Provoked Turkey's on him! 8)

I used 3 accounts when doing Osiredon. I could do it with 2 or even 1 using Turkies but using multiple accounts make the entire process easier. I can actually provoke Turkey's on him them search the forums for 15 minutes...come back and voila!

I want to test Cannons and see how that works as well as some other things. I think my Sampire might be able to stand in with him if he has a healer but I need further testing.

There are a few strategies I have in mind I want to test but more nets are needed. Once the turkeys are gone I'll do some testing but right now it's easy street.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 09, 2010, 08:21:14 AM »
hehehehe - since I just came back to uo after a few years of lay off - I saw a turkey and decided to see what treasure they have - imagine my surprise when it kicked my ass.

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 16, 2011, 05:48:13 PM »
Was wondering if this still worked with the update of High Seas and the new fish? or will my backpack get filled? was just curious if before i started it up and try to get more sos's and such. plus would i still do the server line bit with it?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #265 on: January 16, 2011, 05:59:33 PM »
You'll have to head off to the normal version thread to get a list of the new fish.  Since I don't own the new expansion, I haven't updated.

You can still do the server line thing for skill if you need to.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 16, 2011, 06:13:08 PM »
I will get you the expansion if you would like. Just let me know where to send the code to :) guess I could just pm it to you . Would you use it if you had it?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #267 on: January 16, 2011, 06:20:20 PM »
Oh, it's not a matter of actually getting the expansion.  I haven't been doing much scripting anyhow, and not playing OSI at all.  So having it just creates more work for me when I just don't want to do much with the present EUO, especially on OSI.

I'm waiting for OEUO to go somewhere, anywhere.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 06, 2011, 07:40:07 AM »
I haven't published 2.0q yet.

I'd like to start testing version q and add all the new stuff - unless someone already has a copy and has done it.
Thanks

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #269 on: February 06, 2011, 08:49:40 AM »
I haven't posted it yet because there aren't too many changes so far other than the new fish.  The CLAw loots, but that's really just about it.  I'll post it eventually, though.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing