Author Topic: Trapped Boxes and Tinker Skill  (Read 3066 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Trapped Boxes and Tinker Skill
« on: June 22, 2011, 03:02:07 AM »
I tested this over the past couple days.

You need 30 tinker skill to make a trapped box. If you have less it tells you that you don't have the necessary skill.

I made a tinker with 31 skill (2% chance to make dart trap) and it took me a long time to trap a box. This box did 8-25 damage against a char with 44 physical resist (120 Resist).

I added a +21 Talisman which raised my chance to make the dart trap to 23%. I made one the very first try. This box did 8-25 damage against the same char.

I then made a char with 10 Tinkering skill (elf) to see if the 21 talisman would enable him to make trapped boxes. I could NOT make them, I got the "necessary skill" message.

So it looks like the real skill in tinkering is what determines the damage of the box and not the adjusted skill from the talisman.

The only thing I didn't look at was if there is a "block" of skill that changes the damage, like 30-60 = x damage, 61-90 = x damage and >90 = x damage. I don't really care about that because I'm trying to make boxes with the lowest damage.

OH and if you make a human char just for this, start with 30 tink (get a tali to help make the boxes) and NO carpentry. The 20 from human makes them at about 70%.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 03:07:15 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped Boxes and Tinker Skill
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 11:38:38 AM »
yes.. you need at least 30% to Make the Box, the Extra Points from the talisman doesn't increase the damage but the chance to make the box. I sell these bad boys all the time...

Tags: