Author Topic: MUAH!!!  (Read 8616 times)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: MUAH!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 09:07:12 AM »
If u look at date she hasn't been around in ages and activity is 0.0%.  She was a wild one though.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 09:13:36 AM »
Whre was I when all this uocoders stuff was going on?  Damn... I was too busy trying to schmooze up to the EUO guys probly. haha  What a waste that way, been around longer than Roadkill and still get no respect over there. :)

Well, at least you now have a stable platform for the content here; stuff that we all lost at uocoders.  The attitude at EUO was the same and they wouldn't allow any mention of that site either.  It's got a little worse when someone over there got grumpy about the program ScriptUO. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 09:21:03 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 09:22:49 AM »
Whre was I when all this uocoders stuff was going on?  Damn... I was too busy trying to schmooze up to the EUO guys probly. haha  What a waste that way, been around longer than Roadkill and still get no respect over there. :)

Well, at least you now have a stable platform for the content here; stuff that we all lost at uocoders.  The attitude at EUO was the same and they wouldn't allow any mention of that site either.  It's got a little worse when someone over there got grumpy about the program ScriptUO. 

What's there to get grumpy about?  Hopefully you get everything working before they close down EUO for OpenEUO.  I don't think I want to switch. :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 09:35:24 AM »
What's there to get grumpy about?  Hopefully you get everything working before they close down EUO for OpenEUO.  I don't think I want to switch. :)

I don't think even THEY are that foolish.  EUO and OpenEUO are really two different products.  EUO is for everyone and requires no real knowledge to start with.  OpenEUO is not accessable for everyone; it's not meant for the beginner or even moderate script user.  When you have that kind of divide between script user and script author, you will have some considerable time finding adopters.

If I had time, I'd love to play with it.  However, since I have so many scripts to maintain in the previous world, I just can't take a step back like that.  Also I can't require others who are used to the elegant simplicity of EUO to have to micromanage a whole new idea of how scripts should function and behave.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 12:44:43 PM »

I don't think even THEY are that foolish. 
My friend you should know better than to underestimate the power of human stupidity!

EUO and OpenEUO are really two different products. 

What the hell is OpenEUO? Dammit! I take off for a couple of years and the internet just goes to crap... *Bookwyrm skulks off to catch up on the news*
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Scrripty

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 01:57:45 PM »

I don't think even THEY are that foolish.  EUO and OpenEUO are really two different products.  EUO is for everyone and requires no real knowledge to start with.  OpenEUO is not accessable for everyone; it's not meant for the beginner or even moderate script user.  When you have that kind of divide between script user and script author, you will have some considerable time finding adopters.

If I had time, I'd love to play with it.  However, since I have so many scripts to maintain in the previous world, I just can't take a step back like that.  Also I can't require others who are used to the elegant simplicity of EUO to have to micromanage a whole new idea of how scripts should function and behave.

I'm pretty sure they are dumping EUO when it's "done."  I read a post that Cheffe made that said everyone BETTER get started playing with LUA and OPENEUO fast...  I just assumed but... :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »
I think Cheffe is a pretty smart guy; I doubt he's that stupid.  The last thing they want to do is complete kill a community that's taken so long to build up.  Frankly, I couldn't imagine someone making a decision that dumb.  Now if they were to apply OpenEUO to retrofitting the workings of the EUO interpreter, then that would make sense and avoid alienating 100s of script authors and 1000s of script users.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 04:31:01 PM »
Remember they kinda have big egos... I think what he's thinking is that the community has too much power now, and if he makes a NEW EUO that's harder to use... they'll be the scripting kings again, cause no one will be able to use it cept the more experienced scripters.  Everyone will just wait for the authors to make decent scripts again like when EUO first started.  The community probly wont go anywhere because what else is there really?  Hurry up and make an interpreter and we wont have to worry about it. :)  We'll just use SUO in classic mode!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 04:41:32 PM »
Heh, well I just need to find a client interface that won't be "unplugged" one day when someone has a tantrum and decides to change to a different language.  "I've had it with EasyUO, LUA, and now I think we'll do it in Ruby!  But don't you dare mention C#!!!"  Sheesh. 

Apple, Inc. made those kinds of obsolescence edicts.  And for that, they have computers that barely anyone uses and they've had to adjust to consumer electronics that are self-obsoleting. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2009, 05:10:59 PM »
Not like any of us can bitch about what Cheffe does anyways.  He's let us use EUO for years for free, and completely supported it better than any other 3rd party program out there. :)  I'd quit uo happily if he just turned it off and thank him kindly for making it last this long. :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2009, 05:27:19 PM »
I've got a bad attitude toward his new project if you haven't already noticed.  ;)

That's why I finally decided to not base SUO on his new project.  I did consider it for a while, but I didn't want to base my whole project on something that I just have no control over.  If OpenEUO goes *poof* one day, we're would we be?  In the same spot if EUO goes *poof*! 

I just wish UOAI was faster; man that would be perfect....
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2009, 08:03:13 PM »
I've got a bad attitude toward his new project if you haven't already noticed.  ;)

That's why I finally decided to not base SUO on his new project.  I did consider it for a while, but I didn't want to base my whole project on something that I just have no control over.  If OpenEUO goes *poof* one day, we're would we be?  In the same spot if EUO goes *poof*! 

I just wish UOAI was faster; man that would be perfect....

I hear ya.  Just make it work LIKE euo and you'll be a god in my book. :)  Personally I'd like more functionality than what's there now, but I don't want to learn to PROGRAM to use it.  Ugh.  If I *have* to I will.. but damn.

Offline MissyMoose72Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • MissyMoose72 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 04:39:42 AM »
Hi again!!  Still think about you all from time to time hope all is well!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 04:58:47 AM »
Missy what ya up too.  I have never been on when you where around since coders.  So where has life taken you?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 07:13:25 AM »
Hi again!!  Still think about you all from time to time hope all is well!

Woot a guest appearance...  welcome back even if its temporary
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: