Author Topic: BadManiac Introduction  (Read 8901 times)

Offline BadManiacTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • BadManiac has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
BadManiac Introduction
« on: March 10, 2010, 04:19:36 PM »
Hi, I'm Bad Maniac. The creator of BadManiac's automagic looter, item evaluator, and other automagic things.
Thought it was about time I finally joined the last free bastion of UO scripters.

What actually prompted me to join was a post by Cerveza that I'm going to contribute to, not just some puny suggestions either, the entire solution all wrapped up into the most beautiful sub(s) I've ever written, at least in my humble opinion. I'm actually surprised it doesn't get used more often by elite scripters. I'm talking about my Automagic Pathfinder script. It can do exactly what Cerveza wanted, namely follow something at a fixed distance, among many other things. I will be posting that shortly. With a full example on how to use it for Cerveza purpose.
As usual with all my scripts and subs (of which there are a large amount that just never got posted because of EasUO rules) all it takes to use them in a public script is a please, thank you, and a brief mention in the script description. Credit where credit's due and all that.

There's also a new version of my (in?)famous looter in the works with full SA support. And unlike the claw you don't need a masters degree in IQ to use it ;) That will also be posted here (and of course on EUO.com, the original home. But SUO'ers might get it early just to show my goodwill to this, for me, new community.

I'm hoping I can contribute to the community with subs, and share my many year scripting experience. See you all out there.

Is that karma enough for ya? :P

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: BadManiac Introduction
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 05:07:03 PM »
I have used your stuff in the past.  I remember using your looter on dark fathers back in the day.

Anyways welcome to the site and thx for the intro.  Hope to see some of your newer stuff soon

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 05:12:54 PM »
HEY!  You can't bash the Claw sucka. :)  Once someone explains how to make advanced rules it's like the heavens open up to looting goodness.   Welcome BM.  Now everyone lay off him, I claim dibs on his years of experience first.  Vultures.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 05:19:24 PM »
I saw we put TM and the Claw in a dungeon with BM and his looter....let them duke it out!

Welcome to the site!!!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 05:22:06 PM »
Welcome to the boards BM ..  post those non EasyUO compliant scripts already :)

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 05:52:21 PM »
Actually most of my full scripts already have equivalent (almost as good :P ) scripts up here already, like the heartwood quester and library donation scripts.
I'll probably be posting subs and snippets for everyone to use. Altho there is that non rail based pathfinding lumberjacking script, or the mining script prototype that recalls to anywhere near any mountain and then follows the mountain wall around autmatically and mines completely rail less... ;)

And of course I do requests, and I'm always up for community/group projects.

I saw we put TM and the Claw in a dungeon with BM and his looter....let them duke it out!
Can I use my personal tweaked non public looter version? ;D
Actually in all honesty, TM and the Claw would win. TM's evaluation method can be faster since it can be done with string comparisons and less math, which is EasyUO's least favorite subject, and the Claw will be more precise IF you do set up all the rules properly. But if anyone argues that the Claw is easier to use I'll gladly take on the challenge.

BM's looter: *click* done ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:56:19 PM by BadManiac »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 06:22:24 PM »
Altho there is that non rail based pathfinding lumberjacking script, or the mining script prototype that recalls to anywhere near any mountain and then follows the mountain wall around autmatically and mines completely rail less... ;)

Done the lumberjacking one long ago... but that follow the mountian wall has been on my todo list for ever and a day .. wouldnt mind taking a peek at that bit of logic.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 06:26:16 PM »
I'd gladly share the script if we can make it into a full on miner with all the trimmings. It's rudimentary at the moment to say the least.

Scrripty

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 06:37:32 PM »
I'd gladly share the script if we can make it into a full on miner with all the trimmings. It's rudimentary at the moment to say the least.

I'm in.  I'd love to see a EN BM TM project.  Say that 3 times fast.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 07:14:14 PM »
When I first started the Quester, it was a work by SorrowMaster with your looter built into it.

That script, with your looter changed a lot in UO. I loved the "weight" per item idea, and it worked awesome... until the attributes grew out of control.

I'm glad you found us, I welcome you to our humble domain. We don't bash the other place, but try to provide a home where we can enjoy ALL types of scripts ;) , except of course the harmful type.

Thanks for all of your fine contributions to the scripting community. I know I've dissected several in trying to learn how you got things to work. I still only get about 10% of it LOL, but that's enough to keep me going.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the show :)
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 07:32:20 PM »
Next version of the looter will use the imbuing unravel score system for evaluation. Gives everyone a REAL number, something they can actually figure out.
My current personal version uses two numbers, how many mods, and how many percent of max intensity each mod should be. But it's still an arbitrary scale. The imbuing system is fixed and permanent and global, so everyone can use values they understand.
My original system, still in the public version, was just based on my personal opinion about how useful mods were... Not very easy for others to understand :p

Offline madatu

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • madatu has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 07:43:25 PM »
Welcome here my friend. I look forward to testing and  chatting with you. Man the wealth  of knowledge and intelegent scriptors here is  crazy.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 08:50:05 PM »
Hey, good to see BadManiac here in the house!  Man, now if we could only get Snicker7 back and posting again! (yes, he was here but with an alias.)  heh.  I may have to poke him again.

The more looting scripts, the better.  Whatever takes the tedium of playing UO away and replaces it with just playing is something I'm all about.  That reminds me to finish the unraveling score as well with the CLAw.  Now that imbuing is pretty stable, it makes more sense to finish the code I was working on.  I've got it about 90% now, but the material bonuses have been in flux, so I didn't want to do much until EA/OSI decides they want to just leave it alone and screw up something else.

Anyhow, welcome to the site!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Scotch_Tape

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Scotch_Tape has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 08:56:10 PM »
Big fan BM.  I don't know you personally, but I've used your scripts a long time and will be looking forward to reading your posts and all that.  I thought you might have gone to that big place in the sky where everyone eventually goes when they lose interest in the 13 year old internet video game. 

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 08:58:57 PM »
An unfortunate side effect is that calculating the imbuing scores of items is much more math heavy with all the weights and so on. So it slows the evaluation down. Cool that you're working on the same thing TM, we might come up with some shortcuts and optimizations between the two of us.
Me and S7 more than doubled the speed of the old eval way back when, so it's definitely possible.

I thought you might have gone to that big place in the sky where everyone eventually goes when they lose interest in the 13 year old internet video game.
Lose interest in UO? You must be joking!?
No Life just has a tendency to happen, I'm currently living in my fifth country on my second continent since the last ten years or so... Had a family and all that nonsense. So UO takes a back seat. But my main account is perpetually subscribed and I poke my head in from time to time. And when things calm down I come back, script some more, play some more, 0ooo000oo some more, all the good stuff.

Still haven't been able to explore SA much. New chars on a new shard, so low on skills and people to play with atm, but I'll fix that.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:07:16 PM by BadManiac »

Tags: