Author Topic: BadManiac Introduction  (Read 8899 times)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: BadManiac Introduction
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 09:16:02 PM »
Ya, it makes a lot of sense in the CLAw to have that function since it's SOOO focused on exactly what you want to loot.  The way I implemented it, there was a very small hit to the overall performance.  I was really pleased with the results.   I have all kinds of other MEGA search functions like Sum of STR+DEX+INT, Sum of Skills, etc, so it's just yet another MEGA search function.

I have never left UO.  Take breaks (am on one currently actually..) but never really left.  I still have the first house I ever placed back in 97.  That's alot of monthly dues!!!  heh
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 09:33:08 PM »
Welcome BadManiac! Great to see crafty veterans honor us with their presence here at SUO.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 01:36:39 AM »
Hey BM, welcome to the SUO community!!  I am another long time user of your work and am psyched to see you join us. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 04:34:16 AM »
Enough of this welcoming nonsense and looting chat...

Lets get back to whats important.. and that is the section of code that caluclates what path to take to follow that mountain  ;D

All seriousness aside lets see if this intro thread can make it to 4 pages !!!
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Scrripty

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 10:03:10 AM »
Bah.  Can't expect the guy to give up state secrets after a couple days. :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 10:07:12 AM »
Bah.  Can't expect the guy to give up state secrets after a couple days. :)

LOL im just being lazy... thats a bit of code thats been on my todo list for years and i dont know when ill find the time and motivation to do it.. haha

But i know BM will come through :) :) :)     and im sure my script vault will open to him right after haha.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 11:09:12 AM »
I am very interested in seeing that code in action.  it sounds like a great snip-it. and very usable.  I wonder if it would keep going in circles if you used it in a circular area like on of the malas secret holes.   

Offline BadManiacTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • BadManiac has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 11:16:11 AM »
Actually didn't take that long to write, it uses tile scanning, figures out the orientation of the wall in general NSEW terms, and then til scans from the center of the resource block towards the direction the wall faces, until it finds a non blocked tile, then it just goes there.
Making it follow walls around corners was just a case of checking a block in each direction from the previous one, then do the same thing. And of course it uses my pathfinding sub so it doesn't get stuck. It looks pretty lifelike and non scripted when running too.

I'll post it for you to dissect, just want you to roast for a bit first :)

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 02:06:29 PM »
Hi, I'm Bad Maniac. The creator of BadManiac's automagic looter, item evaluator, and other automagic things.
Thought it was about time I finally joined the last free bastion of UO scripters.

What actually prompted me to join was a post by Cerveza that I'm going to contribute to, not just some puny suggestions either, the entire solution all wrapped up into the most beautiful sub(s) I've ever written, at least in my humble opinion. I'm actually surprised it doesn't get used more often by elite scripters. I'm talking about my Automagic Pathfinder script. It can do exactly what Cerveza wanted, namely follow something at a fixed distance, among many other things. I will be posting that shortly. With a full example on how to use it for Cerveza purpose.
As usual with all my scripts and subs (of which there are a large amount that just never got posted because of EasUO rules) all it takes to use them in a public script is a please, thank you, and a brief mention in the script description. Credit where credit's due and all that.

There's also a new version of my (in?)famous looter in the works with full SA support. And unlike the claw you don't need a masters degree in IQ to use it ;) That will also be posted here (and of course on EUO.com, the original home. But SUO'ers might get it early just to show my goodwill to this, for me, new community.

I'm hoping I can contribute to the community with subs, and share my many year scripting experience. See you all out there.

Is that karma enough for ya? :P

Welcome BadManiac!

You'll find this site a greatly friendly place and I hope you enjoy yourself here with us all. 

You may remember a PM by myself on the EUO site requesting your permission to use the pathfinder in a script of mine.  I'll have you know, it's amazing and I love that script.  Should you wish to see how I'm using it, simply PM me a request to be a beta tester for the World Idoc Traveler, and you're in!

Thanks again for such an awesome script!

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 04:32:10 PM »
Glad to see you made it over here Bad Maniac. I think youll find it very cozy in here  :) cant wait to see the projects your working on 

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 07:32:02 PM »
You'll find this site a greatly friendly place and I hope you enjoy yourself here with us all. 

We force everyone to be kind by gunpoint.  :p
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 07:36:48 PM »
HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!!!

(It's always a good time for a Monty Python quote)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: