Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester v1.19  (Read 346972 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Heartwood Quester feedback thread
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2008, 08:32:11 AM »

I was wondering, how hard would it be to change the rail to go to the other arch support quest.  I was getting more saws on that one.   Not sure if it was just luck or not.  But in the time I received zero yesterday I had 3 on the other quest.  Might just be me or do you think I just had a really crappy night :-p 

Oh you certainly will get more saws at the other location.  It's not a matter of luck, but it's a matter of how many quests you have to cycle through to get the Arch Support quest.  There are simply less quest selections there, so you get to do the quest more times/hr.

It's really easy to make rails, but I leave it to you to figure it out.  I wrote the rail creator to be easy to use.  You can take either of the heartwood rails I've supplied and load them into the rail creator; there's no secrets so you just have to make the first couple waypoints like I did and the rest is just run as if you walked it.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pathion

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pathion has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2008, 08:50:46 AM »

I saw the rail creator last night :)  Thanks bud.  Its giving me the bird.  All Well I will keep trying :-p
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:03:12 AM by Pathion »

Offline Pathion

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2008, 12:50:53 PM »

What am I doing wrong?   I am trying to make another rail for heartwood.   Every time I run the play backwards about a screen from the portal it gives me error about waypoint.  I am using insert Name for the portal.  Just can never get script to go 100 %

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2008, 01:06:29 PM »
The best thing I can say is to load up one of the other rails and be sure your NamedKind waypoint looks like that one.  The VQV_Portal label is very important.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pathion

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2008, 01:09:14 PM »

I did.  :)  I saw how important it is.  Even tried putting start of your rail with the one I tried making hehe.  It goes screw you :-p  all well gonna prob give up on it for now.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2008, 01:21:26 PM »
Also be sure you have the Function selected for that waypoint to "Move to Named Type".

Your coordinates should be around 535, 995, 0 and you should have a delay of around 100.

This is OSI, correct?
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2008, 01:30:14 PM »
Ok I just popped into Trammel/Heartwood and was just disgusted to see how many people are using the standard rails to run this script.  If you really do want to hang a "Hi, I'm scripting" sign around your necks, then fine.  But people really should change to their own rails!!! 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pathion

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2008, 01:59:44 PM »

Set it up that way now.   When you do the waypoint into heartwood you have those settings right.  Thats the only one?  Prob is I have like half a screen from the portal and says kind find portal and kinf find waypoint 1 or 2.  grrrr

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2008, 02:51:03 PM »
PM the rail to me and I'll give it a looksie.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pathion

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2008, 06:48:49 PM »
     Decided to do fletching over besides or Carp and on the first bag I landed a runic :)  and on the second trip I landed a Heartwood.  So happy :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 07:10:02 PM by Pathion »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #190 on: October 29, 2008, 07:33:18 PM »
     Decided to do fletching over besides or Carp and on the first bag I landed a runic :)  and on the second trip I landed a Heartwood.  So happy :)

Wootski!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline timevans79

• Activity:
    0%
  • timevans79 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 31, 2008, 06:48:40 AM »
Everything in this script works perfect for me except when it tries to toggle quest items. Not the actually targeting ot the items, but the selecting "toggle quest item" from the gump. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm not running assist or razor, smallest game window resolution. I'm stumped  ???

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 31, 2008, 07:14:04 AM »
Everything in this script works perfect for me except when it tries to toggle quest items. Not the actually targeting ot the items, but the selecting "toggle quest item" from the gump. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm not running assist or razor, smallest game window resolution. I'm stumped  ???

You're probably doing other things when the script is running. I've noticed this issue too, mostly doing the carp quest. Though, it's been said before, that you need to keep the window uncovered, not just during the pathfinding to and from.

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2008, 09:21:11 AM »
So i finally got a chance to run your quester, very nice script dude. I am currently adding my login subs for those days when i don't care about jail. I did run into a problem with the claw version, bogged my system way down, ended up usin non claw version till i get a chance to look into what was causing this. Bank support was a breeze to add. I might try adding a packy in as well.  thanks for your hard work , and thanxs for the public release of this oh so fine script.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #194 on: November 09, 2008, 09:42:34 AM »
Glad you like it.  There have been several people now that have customized this script to their liking.  I love the customizations, because there are so many people that run the stock-script and they all look the same and are screaming to be banned.

The CLAw shouldn't bog your system down unless it's actually evaluating.  During that time, I can see it bogging down greatly if you have a slower CPU.  I never worried about it when I got my dual-Athlon.  Now I need a quad-Intel!  NEED I SAY!

Anyhow check to be sure the #LPC is being set back to 100.  You might want to set the #LPC to 10 during non-evaluation times to be more friendly to your system.
Come play RIFT with me!