Author Topic: TrailMyx's Fish Treasure Hunter v1.6  (Read 81602 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
TrailMyx's Fish Treasure Hunter v1.6
« on: June 28, 2008, 06:39:45 PM »
Code: [Select]
;===================================================================
; Script Name: TrailMyx's Fish Treasure Hunter 1.6
; Author: TrailMyx
; Version: 1.5
; Shard OSI / FS: OSI / FS(Alexandria)
; Revision Date: 08/29/2007
; Purpose:
;     Completely automate the operation of fishing up MIBs/Nets/Tmaps/pearls/scales/hides
;
; Features:
;     . Utilizes 4x4 resource gathering to hunt for sea serpents containing treasure.
;     . Automatically fishes until a sea serpent is encountered
;     . Utilizes Offensive selection until sea serpent is dead
;     . During combat, your character is healed using your Healing methon.
;     . Boat automatically moved to dead serpent location
;     . Sea serpent may be carved for hides, scales
;     . All loot is collected based upon user selections.
;     . All trash is deposited on dead sea serpent corpses
;     . Automatically travels to bank to deposit treasure and back to boat
;     . Script continues to run until selected ending condition is achieved.
;     . Once ending condition is achieved, your character will transport to save location
;       and automatically logout
;     . Save/Load user preferences
;     . Saves session loot to a log file.
;     . Many statistics collected.
;     . Randomly uses runes in rune blocks.
;
; Requirements:
;     . SMALL boat in deep water
;     . Runebook in main pack with:
;         rune 1 = Inn 1
;         rune 2 = Inn 2
;         rune 3 = Bank 1
;         rune 4 = Bank 2
;     . Boat key in main pack
;     . Container in bank for non-stackable items
;     . Container in bank for stackable items
;     . 100% LRC suit.  On OSI, it's best to have self-repair items.
;     . Scissors for cutting leather
;     . Dagger, knife for skinning sea serpents
;     . Offensive ability using Necromancy or Magery only
;     . Defensive healing ability using Magery, Necromancy, Chivalry, or bandages
;     . Start script standing on your boat at the key recall point.
;
;===================================================================

This is a very old but still pretty stable version of my Full Auto Fisher.  It's not nearly as fast or has the features of the FaF, but it does bring in the MIB/Pearls/CNETs.  Please read the list of requirements in the header.  There are only three things you HAVE to setup for this to work:

1) MIB container in your bank
2) Stackable container in your bank (scales, hides, gold, pearls)
3) You have to setup your runebook according to what's described in the header!!
4) You should probably not use Razor/UOA.  This script writes to your window header for status.
5) Boat anti-blocking and serpent navigation requires you to have your boat pointing North.
6) Small boat, don't use a large one!

I just ran this as of 6/28/2008 on OSI, and it still works after all these years.  I also successfully fished up 1000s of MIBs on Alexandria (RunUO) with this script. 

You're pretty much on your own setting it up; I can't support it much.  Quick questions can be asked in the feedback thread, but other than that you are on your own.

For history's sake, I went back to an old archive to determine when I first wrote this script.  The first archived version I had of this was written 10/7/2004.  So this thing is OLLLLD!  Hopefully you'll find some use for it.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
tm_fish_hunter16.txt
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 04:00:52 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hardyz

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hardyz has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Fish Treasure Hunter v1.6
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 06:50:40 PM »
Hey TM.  I've noticed that the fisher has been crashing here and there on me.  It also hasn't always been looting the serpents sometimes.  I've been trying to figure it out, but its so rare to happen.  I figured I'd post this here as a marker.  I'll let you know if I find out what is wrong or how to reproduce it.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 06:57:35 PM »
tis the exevent drag/drop.  You'll have to fire Cheffe for that.  Not a whole lot I can do about it.  I know why it's not looting sometimes, but that was mostly-fixed in the FaF.  For this version, I'll let someone else fix it.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »
I'm assuming the full auto, and I have not been experiencing this issue. Only thing I am experiencing are ghost blocking in the water at times and one of my runes is on top of Yew bank and it doesn't like to find the banker some times.   But easy fix, change the rune, the other one.. well.. i don't care. I'd rather TM spend his time on SUO rather than fix it.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 05:51:41 PM »
I'm assuming the full auto, and I have not been experiencing this issue. Only thing I am experiencing are ghost blocking in the water at times and one of my runes is on top of Yew bank and it doesn't like to find the banker some times.   But easy fix, change the rune, the other one.. well.. i don't care. I'd rather TM spend his time on SUO rather than fix it.

Yeh, the ghost blocking only happens when you are approaching a server boundary.  If you set yourself up correctly, you can pretty much avoid that issue.  I remember addressing this in a very much previous version of the fisher, but I don't think I ever really found a good fix for it because it would break another function that was working.  What's there would let me fish from server up to server down assuming my path was clear.  Almost might be worth a sail around the world to be sure there's nothing blocking you.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 05:59:48 PM »
Like I said, I could care less  :)  i play to get things I want, not to sell or whatever, just for my own entertainment, and I'd rather see SUO come together before an issue gets fixed with this script or any other  :) 

(borrowed some your subs in your full quester to help with only selecting "toggle quest item" , just in my own personal use snippet  :)   )   

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 11:07:34 AM »
Hey TM.  I've noticed that the fisher has been crashing here and there on me.  It also hasn't always been looting the serpents sometimes.  I've been trying to figure it out, but its so rare to happen.  I figured I'd post this here as a marker.  I'll let you know if I find out what is wrong or how to reproduce it.

Hardyz, I was thinking about this more and I think I addressed this one by just increasing the waits for the exevent stuff.  It's amazing how much affect by adding a little wait to an exevent drag/drop.  Too fast and you can crash constantly, however slow enough and you can *almost* remove all crashes.  They never completely go away however.

Also, I looked at the old fisher compared to the FaF, and I believe the fix for it not looting the corpse is that you need to put an additional wait into the script after you sense the corpse.  You basically have to 1) detect corpse 2) wait xx 3) detect corpse again because of the way UO spawns items.  (ever notice why there are more than one name that pops up on a monster when it spawns? There's a split second time when it spawns with another #FINDID) 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hardyz

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 10:34:53 AM »

Hardyz, I was thinking about this more and I think I addressed this one by just increasing the waits for the exevent stuff.  It's amazing how much affect by adding a little wait to an exevent drag/drop.  Too fast and you can crash constantly, however slow enough and you can *almost* remove all crashes.  They never completely go away however.

Also, I looked at the old fisher compared to the FaF, and I believe the fix for it not looting the corpse is that you need to put an additional wait into the script after you sense the corpse.  You basically have to 1) detect corpse 2) wait xx 3) detect corpse again because of the way UO spawns items.  (ever notice why there are more than one name that pops up on a monster when it spawns? There's a split second time when it spawns with another #FINDID) 

Well I haven't crashed.  I was unable to reproduce the crash too.  The going to fast could be it.  For some reason sometimes the uo client suddenly jumps and starts consuming massive cpu speed...which is probably cutting into the script causing hardware lag which essentially probably lead to the crash.  I haven't had problems past few days though.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 10:49:26 AM »

Well I haven't crashed.  I was unable to reproduce the crash too.  The going to fast could be it.  For some reason sometimes the uo client suddenly jumps and starts consuming massive cpu speed...which is probably cutting into the script causing hardware lag which essentially probably lead to the crash.  I haven't had problems past few days though.

I have gotten that a couple times in a few scripts now, but I was finding that EUO was just about to crash; then EUO will just close.  Odd for sure; I always attributed it to the fact that I'm running WinXP-64.  *shrugs*
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 06:58:43 PM »
I've gotten about 600k + points with the fisher and at times it runs 10-11 hours before i stop it, or the bank is full. The only thing is, occasionally it gets stuck on a spot in water trying to go back one or right one.. oh, and it doesn't like to find the banker at yew bank occasionally.

Anyways, check out my guys new suit....
Sorcerors Suit
Luck Ring/Bracelet
Fishing pole with SDI 12, Int 8, LMC 5, SC -1  (luck jewels give me 3/6, so, no biggie)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 07:21:36 PM »
I've gotten about 600k + points with the fisher and at times it runs 10-11 hours before i stop it, or the bank is full. The only thing is, occasionally it gets stuck on a spot in water trying to go back one or right one.. oh, and it doesn't like to find the banker at yew bank occasionally.

Sorcerors Suit
Luck Ring/Bracelet
Fishing pole with SDI 12, Int 8, LMC 5, SC -1  (luck jewels give me 3/6, so, no biggie)

Yeh, the Yew bankers tend to wander a lot more than others, so if they aren't in range, they won't react to "bank" and that'll mess things up.  I used to use Yew myself but recently have moved to a bank with more bankers and they wander less.

There are some old sailing issues..  Oh well, 99.9% of the time it's ok.  ;)  The problem is that it has logic to be sure that the serpent doesn't get stuck on the ship when you close into it for looting, but due to lag/timing sometimes the logic can fail.  At one time there wasn't any logic preventing this, so you'd end up sailing alot more than you see now. 

Nice suit, I nearly have one of those myself. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 07:33:01 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hardyz

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 10:36:28 AM »

Sorcerors Suit
Luck Ring/Bracelet

Yeh, the Yew bankers tend to wander a lot more than others, so if they aren't in range, they won't react to "bank" and that'll mess things up.  I used to use Yew myself but recently have moved to a bank with more bankers and they wander less.

There are some old sailing issues..  Oh well, 99.9% of the time it's ok.  ;)  The problem is that it has logic to be sure that the serpent doesn't get stuck on the ship when you close into it for looting, but due to lag/timing sometimes the logic can fail.  At one time there wasn't any logic preventing this, so you'd end up sailing alot more than you see now. 

Nice suit, I nearly have one of those myself. 

Yeah. I prefer to use banks in a smaller town less visited.  They never move really.  I was thinking of getting that sorcerer suit, but I'm not sure.  It depends how many points I can get.  I get most of them from the fisher...but that takes a while.  I started farming anti-virtue artifacts again.   Also sail by the server line and you usually won't get that problem.  My boat has never gotten stuck. 

Offline gateCrasher

• Activity:
    0%
  • gateCrasher has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 05:10:36 PM »
Thanks TM :) As soon as I'm done with  my super bard, I'm going to make a fisherman. I started on one, but got sidetracked by the limelight of being a bardical rockstar :)

/gC

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 10:38:58 AM »
Updated to 1.6.

Fixed some finditem typos.
Added dagger to list of items to gut fish with
Added afvanced journal scanner to keep from missing certain fishing events.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 10:32:21 PM »
cool.. one of these day's I'm gonna take up fishing.... and when I do. beware :P

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing