General > Off Topic

The top 12 reasons I'm liking Notepad++ so far

<< < (7/7)

Gaderian:
When you are working on enough diversity of OS, it is nice to have vim/vi for the consistency to keep at least 1 thing the same in your brain! ;)

TrailMyx:

--- Quote from: Gaderian on March 18, 2021, 03:30:33 PM ---When you are working on enough diversity of OS, it is nice to have vim/vi for the consistency to keep at least 1 thing the same in your brain! ;)

--- End quote ---
Computer comedy is when you're entering "vi" commands into Microsoft Notepad.  Kinda makes you feel silly.  ;)

Gaderian:

--- Quote from: TrailMyx on March 19, 2021, 08:03:16 AM ---Computer comedy is when you're entering "vi" commands into Microsoft Notepad.  Kinda makes you feel silly.  ;)

--- End quote ---
You only do that in Microsoft Notepad?
I have done it in Unix prompts (not really as bad since it blends with history, but it wasn't the reason I was doing it...), DOS-like Command prompts on Windows, HP3k MPE/iX and it's shell, too.

My boss used to have 2 keyboards in front of him (1 for PC, while other was a dumb terminal) - he would type on the wrong one and get frustrated because he was looking at the other screen. I thought... how silly... then later found myself doing the same thing. Multiple keyboards is definitely and old time handicap... ;)

The Ghost:
having two keyboard is maybe old handicap, but prevent for flipping screen.      To help me I have a small keyboard  for the second machine,  that let me know if I'm using the right one,  but still sometime get draw to wrong KB  hehe.

Never really get in using  Notepad++   . 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version