Author Topic: Why is my ScriptUO account Restricted?  (Read 19250 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Why is my ScriptUO account Restricted?
« on: June 02, 2009, 05:36:14 PM »
Attention!

Here at ScriptUO, we require a good first post from new members before you are allowed to download attachments.  Preferably this post should be a new member introduction.  Please go HERE to place your post.  Also, please have a look at the following guidelines to make sure your introduction will be accepted (thanks Toptwo!) New Member posting guidelines

Please Note!

This is a manual operation and not automatic.  Once you make your introduction, one of the staff will need to approve it.  This depends on when we are online.  I tend to hover over the site much of the day, so you shouldn't have to wait too long.  Please don't PM the staff or post restless posts demanding access.  That'll probably keep you on the restricted status list forever.

Updating your introduction

If you update your introduction after a first failed attempt, please post in the same thread that you have updated it and would like us to have a looksie.  If you just edit your post without re-posting in the thread, we won't know you've updated it.  Any attitude or impatience will probably just lead to delays, so be cordial.  (and in one instance attitude lead to banning...)

How to remain restricted and then banned:

Check out this thread:
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=2440.0
Check your "Stratics" attitude at the door.  We might script and "cheat" here, but we do demand respect and expect people to follow the simple rules.

Questions:

"I made a quick short introduction, and I'm still restricted."

Well, the quality of your introduction will certainly help with the speed that you are unrestricted.  If we see a 1-2 sentence intro without details, we tend to let those sit for a few days.  However, it you obviously take some time and put a little effort into your introduction, you can almost guarantee that you'll be unrestricted once an Admin or GMOD reads your intro.

"I asked a question about a script found here that I'm trying to use, but I'm still restricted"

That makes us grumpy here because if you are restricted, you shouldn't have the script.  So you probably have a very old copy from one of the previous sites (EasyUO, WinUO or UOCoders) or you got it from a friend/guildmate.  Since getting copies of scripts found here from other sources is frowned upon GREATLY (and against site rules), any attempt at an introduction will bring and extra-slow response to your request for full access.  So it's just best to follow the rules up front and post your introduction before asking questions about any script found here.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 11:56:49 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: