Author Topic: An Idiots (Crisis) Guide to Armor Refinements  (Read 14316 times)

Offline CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
An Idiots (Crisis) Guide to Armor Refinements
« on: April 09, 2015, 02:59:38 PM »
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:46:51 PM by Crisis »

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
Re: An Idiots (Crisis) Guide to Armor Refinements
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 10:01:46 AM »
Nice write up:)

I am returning to the game after a long break and find myself relearning a LOT of old mechanics; as well as, all the new additions to the game.  This system of "refinements" sounds interesting.  Can you by chance give a screenshot or show us a few things that you have been able to make with these refinements to maybe provide a better understanding as to just how powerful these can be?

Offline unisharp

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • unisharp has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 04:50:53 AM »
I'd like to add that after you raise your caps, you still have to get extra resistances or DCI to reach that cap.

For example, if I refined my suit for a cap of 70 DCI, then to make use of that I'd actually have to have 70 DCI on my suit (which ain't all that easy depending on your template.)

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 04:23:58 PM »
I just found a chest with 100+ mixed refinements and a few amalgamators at an idoc and am trying to figure out what to do with them. Great guide. DCI works vs melee and ranged attacks only but has zero impact on incoming spells if I remember correctly. Therefore on a mage who avoids close combat in pvm and rarely is attacked by an npc archer DCI is next to useless. That means I want to stack on the resists even if DCI falls a bit. Since these are for non-medable armor only I'm assuming it works with plate w/ mage armor attribute?

What I don't get is the levels, defense to invul. If I use an invul on one piece that's like using defense on 5 pieces in terms of effect, right? So if I want a specific resist higher, but not all of them, I have to go with the lowest level scour for example? 75% is resist cap for a human so it would take invul x 5 pieces to reach 75/75/75/75/75 max right?

Trying to figure out which is worth more. Should I amalgamate them all into higher levels to make them worth more if I just want to sell them? I'm thinking yes just because they will be more rare but is it worth the reduction at each step.

edit: looking at vendor search it seems only the regular platemail armor type with reinforced bonus are worth much. I guess that answers my question, plate wearing melee like to increase their resist caps.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 04:39:24 PM by Gemviper »

Offline CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 04:37:25 PM »
Yes, you want to algamate them higher. Invulnerable is the way to go. There isn't a huge call for them but the invulnerables can go for a couple mil each.

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 04:41:09 PM »
A script that looks in a bag and automatically amalgamates if there are enough for an upgrade would be cool.

It's a bit tough to sort out a bag because when you drop one on another it randomly jumps to a different spot in the bag, lol. Also it's easy to mix them up because of the 5 different levels or 6 different kinds each with different armor and bonus types.

Also, 76 would be cap, not 75? 6 pieces of plate with +1 to each resist... so much to re-learn, it's been ages since I even imbued anything.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 04:47:10 PM by Gemviper »

Offline unisharp

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • unisharp has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 03:28:00 AM »
A script that looks in a bag and automatically amalgamates if there are enough for an upgrade would be cool.

It's a bit tough to sort out a bag because when you drop one on another it randomly jumps to a different spot in the bag, lol. Also it's easy to mix them up because of the 5 different levels or 6 different kinds each with different armor and bonus types.

Also, 76 would be cap, not 75? 6 pieces of plate with +1 to each resist... so much to re-learn, it's been ages since I even imbued anything.

You can refine 6 pieces, but only 5 pieces count.

Resist cap: 75
DCI cap: 70

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 07:29:19 AM »
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:05:01 AM by Gemviper »

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 12:21:16 AM »
Made a pretty extreme mage suit with these even while using mage armor on one imbue slot but I and am now the proud owner of 6 amalgamators because I don't have enough to finish them or put the wrong one in... these need a script to combine efficiently!  On the to-do list, lol.

Tags: