Author Topic: Project Idea: Ant Quest Helper  (Read 15922 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Project Idea: Ant Quest Helper
« on: October 15, 2009, 06:46:50 PM »

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
entrance_to_hole.txt
hole1_to_hole2.txt
hole2_to_tank.txt
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:01:00 PM by NObama »

Bagenholt

Re: Project Idea: Ant Quest Helper
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:56:50 PM »
Can you actualy use the endless water trick on this quest? I've tried but failed and I've used different patchs of wave tiles with different pitchers even got hold of a begged pitcher but couldn't get it to work. Only for my gardening.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 04:49:28 AM »
Interesting tip, thanks.  I thought it would work, but can't actually recall verifying...

:)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 04:56:20 AM »
Ive been meaning to do a bag and powder script for years just never seem to get around to it.  I did start once.

I thought the endless water trick no longer worked ??? Or maybe i was doing it wrong
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 06:28:25 AM »
Ive been meaning to do a bag and powder script for years just never seem to get around to it.  I did start once.

I thought the endless water trick no longer worked ??? Or maybe i was doing it wrong

I'd be interested in helping with this.  Shouldn't be too difficult...

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 12:36:57 PM »
UPDATE:  See original post for rails.

Entrance_to_hole = runs from initial entrance to first hole
hole1_to_hole2 = runs to second hole, which is where the queen resides
holes2_to_tank = moves toon to the nearest water tank.

Written using TMs railengine, so you'll need the appropriate components to test it.

Also, as I write this, I'm using the Trammel Ant Hole entrance located at: x1722 y815

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 01:05:51 PM »
Okay - I hit a snag already.

I'm trying to build the very first subroutine, which simply recalls to the ant hole i've chosen.  

This will open the runebook, but it won't click the rune page.  It eventually starts running around saying 'can't get there' which completely baffles me.

Drat, I thought this first step would be a whirlwind slam dunk, too.

EDIT: I've F7ed my way through the script, and it doesn't ever seem to recognize that %ant_start is defined...help!

Code: [Select]

REMOVED, because I'm now using TM's subs.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 04:18:37 PM by NObama »

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 01:20:08 PM »
You're overcomplicating.  You only need 2 runes.  Simply define them.  Or make it 2 books.  And just target the books by name or something.  Or by book id...  You can auto do it later.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 01:23:01 PM »
You're overcomplicating. 

Story of my life.  I suppose I'm just so excited that I went for the cadillac when a VW would work just fine...i'll switch it up.

Thanks!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 01:28:26 PM »
You know, on second thought, this should really be working and I can't see why it's not.  All I've done at this point is cut/paste and adjust variable names...

Can anyone step through it and give me their take?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 02:33:57 PM »
I would recommend using TMs Runebook subs... thier posted in the public script area on these boards.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 04:06:51 PM »
I'll take a look, thanks.

EDIT: Worked like a charm, thanks.  Next stop, tilescanning to enter the hole...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 04:18:04 PM by NObama »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 04:24:03 PM »
Hmm...overcomplicating again.  For the moment, I'm using hard coded click locs.  Someone can walk me through a sexy way to code it later...

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 04:49:29 PM »
As i said i had started on this some time ago

For a subroutine that will enter an ant hole see my snippet thread .. link below

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=2454.msg23613#msg23613
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 04:55:10 PM by Endless Night »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 07:25:53 PM »
That worked wonders, EN - Thanks!

Alright.  Before I proceed to the next section, I must ask for TM's help on my rail.  I have created the rail and I run it without difficulty.  Unfortunately, the uneven ground in the ant caves tends to cause the rail to hang.  If you have a moment, TM, I'd appreciate it if you could run the entrance_to_hole rail and tell me what you encounter and how you might fix it.

Current status: I can successfully get to the queen's cavern (not counting my rail issues).  Next, I have to figure out how to find her every time.

Thanks for the suggestions folks.  This is actually moving along pretty well.

Tags: