Author Topic: Move EVERYTHING from one container to another  (Read 10190 times)

Offline GrandewdTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Grandewd has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Move EVERYTHING from one container to another
« on: December 11, 2012, 03:08:54 PM »
Hi all,

I've used EUO scripts and a few SUO ones for many years now, and must say that I've learned so much about scripting both here and at EasyUO.com.  I am also the first to admit that scripting doesn't come "easy" for me, but I do keep trying to get better at it.  So here's my first contribution here... (It's also on EUO, but wanted to share it here too).

There are times when you want to quickly and easily move EVERYTHING from one place to another, and I couldn't find a script here for that specific purpose - so I made one. There have been times when I wanted to do something like save a char's backpack into a container so I don't lose track of what he/she has with certain skill combinations. Or when I just want to move a bunch of stuff from one container to another. This little script will do just that - give it a try.....
P.S. I use the name Grindy on EUO, which explains the name.

** EDIT **
V1.1 fixes cosmetic issue, enhances button operation... Thx to EN for getting me off my lazy butt and make it look better with slightly improved functionally.

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Grindy MoveAll.txt
Grindy MoveAll1.1.txt
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:54:14 AM by Grandewd »

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Move EVERYTHING from one container to another
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 05:15:37 PM »
Thanks very much for your contribution.  I have frequently found myself in need of this functionality.  In fact, I've set up a set of mannequins with a backpack locked down at their feet to do exactly this.

For future functionality, perhaps you might consider an option to remove everything your character is wearing and place it on a mannequin.

Cheers!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 06:44:16 PM »
Thanks for the Submission. This type of script can come in real handy when crafting.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 08:14:58 PM »
....... For future functionality, perhaps you might consider an option to remove everything your character is wearing and place it on a mannequin...

You are aware that that's a single/click option on the Mannequin already, right?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 08:19:25 PM »
Thanks for the Submission. This type of script can come in real handy when crafting.

Thx Ultima.... Yea, exactly... For those containers that you've already coded ID's into a dozen misc. scripts (and don't want to change them all for sure), this let's you empty them quickly into another container... You know, when you realize that you just can't unlock the chest and take it.... I've just found LOTS of times when I need to move EVERYTHING in one box to another (for various reasons) - so I finally just said "This is crazy... Stop being so lazy and just write a nice little script to do it".... so I did..."

Thx for seeing the use...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:22:08 PM by Grandewd »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 08:39:22 AM »
Congratulations your Script has been moved to Script library
(If you feel the script is in the wrong section please send me a pm.)

Thank you for your submission.

Couple of notes...
(1) Make the start and stop buttons the same size as you can see the button behind as one is bigger than the other.

(2) After selecting stop - you should re-enable the press to start button.

(3) after everything is moved - you should re-enable the press to start button

Great script.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 06:31:54 PM »
Congratulations your Script has been moved to Script library
(If you feel the script is in the wrong section please send me a pm.)

Thank you for your submission.

Couple of notes...
(1) Make the start and stop buttons the same size as you can see the button behind as one is bigger than the other.

(2) After selecting stop - you should re-enable the press to start button.

(3) after everything is moved - you should re-enable the press to start button

Great script.

Yea, I found those things annoying too... So thx for getting me off my butt to fix them...
Updated OP and added new version with your suggestions - with one exception.  Your #3 above:  after everything is moved, the job is done and I didn't update the button intentionally. After all, after everything has been moved - the script has accomplished it's mission.  There won't be anything else in the "user-set Out of" container, so until new containers are chosen there is nothing to do. When a new container is chosen to move all out of, the button changes accordingly...  Check it out, EN...

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 08:01:43 AM »
Great script! I loved that it was quick and easy. I have scripts that will do similar things but I did not feel like editing anything so this was awesome!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:46:17 AM by Crisis »

Tags: