Author Topic: No no no say it ain't so. I have been bit by the UO bug again.  (Read 3262 times)

Offline ThangosTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Thangos has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

I started in 98 I quit UO in 04. I played Great Mistakes as Buck, Wulfgar, Cheeba, and Wild Willie. I also played mostly at the end on Lake Supeiror as Thangos, Evil Elvis, and Drizzt. I had 5th charaters but rarely played them and do not even remember their names. I was an OLD Ultima player from the early versions Ultima 1-7. Yeah the old monochrome era. I remember being so geeked when I finally got at Apple IIe 640k with color. I even played the NES versions. Yet not as nearly as stoked the first time I logged into UO back in Oct 98. I saw the game release and put off buying it. I was mezmorized from the logon movie till my feet hit the ground in Brit. It was a total addiction. Yet came Trammie land, nerfed skills, tamers, bards, mages, and a dead ghost town of Felucca.

As I held out I saw my friends leave. It wasn't long before the co-operation and unity UO once was, it soon became a came of soloist. It was like the magic that was UO was gone. It became a game of greed and banksitters wearing their prized posessions. After selling my accounts on ebay I never looked back at OSI. I played a few Freeshards until my kids came along. Then I had to hang up my Wizard's Hat for many years.

Now I am playing again still on Freeshards. I do not know if I can say which one on here. Luckily you have all skills so no need to grind. So many changes and skills it is like I am having to learn all over. I have enjoyed reading and looking up scripts on here. I have lurked for a month before posting. I am trying to learn a bit about making my own scripts. I found this place while searching UO scripts.

So far i have just made a IDOC loot script and a crab potting script that work awesome but still working out some bugs. Not many IDOCs here to practice on. Mine just prioritizes loot I know I want and when it falls it automatically starts running towards those items and picking them up and placing in bag. SO I miss some ground loot but I get the main rares that I have targeted. I would really like to make a GUI so I could just click and target instead of finding the ID and having to write the code in to target a specific item. Kinda takes a while but staring at an IDOC for 16 hours gives me plenty LOL.

Look forward to learning and sharing.

Thangos

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: No no no say it ain't so. I have been bit by the UO bug again.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 02:12:46 AM »
Great intro! Restricted status lifted.

Welcome to ScriptUO!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 05:05:53 AM »
Wleocme to ScriptUO Drizzt. How are you?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 06:33:35 AM »
LOL feeling pretty noobish. I did my first Champ Spawn last night Rikktor. I am so confused with people talking about Sampire and WitherDrac etc... I watched a guy solo a whole spawn in probably less that 10 minutes. I was like WTH? SO I had to talk to him. All he used was an axe and whirlwind. Sad when you played the game as long as I did and having to learn so much all over again.

So now feebly attempting my first fight/attack script. No healing yet just basic targeting while I manually heal.

Other than that pretty good for only 3 hours of sleep LOL!

Thanx for the responses. Masscre did you play on LS? I am sure it is a kind of common name, sounds good as a UO toon. I hung out in Skarae Brae North of Bank and near stables. I was in F*U guild.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 06:51:56 AM »
Welcome to SUO community. 
           Drizzt. Here a name that make me think, Like I know you.   Did you play on Pac back in the day. 

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 07:01:59 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 08:48:43 AM »
I did but I mostly hung out at Trinsic area.

LOL feeling pretty noobish. I did my first Champ Spawn last night Rikktor. I am so confused with people talking about Sampire and WitherDrac etc... I watched a guy solo a whole spawn in probably less that 10 minutes. I was like WTH? SO I had to talk to him. All he used was an axe and whirlwind. Sad when you played the game as long as I did and having to learn so much all over again.

So now feebly attempting my first fight/attack script. No healing yet just basic targeting while I manually heal.

Thanx for the responses. Masscre did you play on LS? I am sure it is a kind of common name, sounds good as a UO toon. I hung out in Skarae Brae North of Bank and near stables. I was in F*U guild.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 10:08:10 PM »

Did you know Poe? He was big into PVP. I think he hung out more in Fel Trini.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 09:20:58 AM »
Welcome to SUO community. 
           Drizzt. Here a name that make me think, Like I know you.   Did you play on Pac back in the day. 

I think all true nerds had a character named Drizzt.  My name was DrIzZt.  lol
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 09:31:17 AM »
Yep but we are talking around 13 years ago :) Havent seen him in a long long long time.

Did you know Poe? He was big into PVP. I think he hung out more in Fel Trini.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 09:53:26 PM »
Yeah I knew him IRL through a mutual friend. Haven't talked to him in a long long time. He lives not to far from me. Man hard to believe how long it has been since those days.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 02:58:10 AM »
nice intro welcome to scriptuo and back to uo
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: