Author Topic: PvP Bows...? Archer Template  (Read 10654 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
PvP Bows...? Archer Template
« on: December 13, 2013, 11:22:10 AM »
Doing certain spawns, I love to play my Archer, but often times will get raided by a rival or PvP Guild.  I was wondering if there are such things as PvP Bows, or are Bows just not good or powerful enough? If these are worth keeping in my Pack for just in case, then I want to know which bow or bows to have 'at the ready'.   

If Bows will work in PvP, what is the best type(s) <Bow and Crossbow, Short Bow?).  Which ones would you carry around?
Is the Elven Composite Longbow that uses 'Serpent Arrow' (since it poisons) even worth it?
Does Damage Increase work on Humans or just MOBs?  Would you remove Damage Increase on a PvP bow?
Does an Archer make a good PvP template?

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: PvP Bows...? Archer Template
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 11:35:38 AM »
Composite Bow
- Running Shot
- Armor Ignore (Main offense)
Hit Lightning
hit velocity
balanced
SSI
(hld/di depending on glasses)

Regular bow - Para Shot/ Mortal Blow (Interrupt Heals, Hold someone still for Dismount/AI)
Hit Lightning
HLD
SSi
balanced
DI 

Heavy - Running Shot/ Dismount (No Hit Spell other than Velocity, this allows you to running shot without being slowed Down)
Hit Velocity
HLD
SSI
DI

Magical Shortbow/Yumi - Depending on what skills you have. Fast bow, Good for Fizzle Fizzle Mages.
Hit Fireball
HLD
Balanced
SSi
DI
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 11:57:19 AM »
Here is my template for scrutiny:   ;D

Anatomy    100
Archery      120
Chiv            75.4
Heal          101.3
Poison       100
Resist        120
Tactics       100
ORACLE

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 12:26:30 PM »
Haven't played an archer in a long time myself so I'm just curious, what does 100 Poison do for an archer now? Used to be that poisoning was worthless on an archer.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 12:36:47 PM »
Haven't played an archer in a long time myself so I'm just curious, what does 100 Poison do for an archer now? Used to be that poisoning was worthless on an archer.

X
12x,

According to UO Guide: if an Archer has Poisoning and uses an Elven Composite Bow with the Serpent Arrow Ability:

Serpent Arrow is an Archery Special Move that was introduced by the Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy expansion in the summer of 2005.
 Fires a snake at the target, poisoning them in addition to normal damage with a successful hit. The archer must be skilled in poisoning and nimble of hand to achieve success. ## Mana Cost: 25
## Serpent Arrow mechanic: based on your Poisoning skill, Archery skill and Dexterity, you have a chance to apply poison within a certain range of strength.
## Serpent Arrow causes a slight Karma loss when successfully poisoning a victim.
## In order to gain Poisoning skill using this move, you must: ##succeed with the ability (i.e., actually poison the opponent);
##roll a level of poison that's in the correct range for your poisoning skill
##succeed with the skill gain chance roll.

(Question is, does it automatically poison the target if the roll is successful or do you need to have poison potions in your backpack for it to work)???

ORACLE

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 12:42:12 PM »
You do not need any poison potions.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 01:52:36 PM »
I'd go Ninja over Poison Any day, but that's just me. Honestly against most Opponenets 75.4 Chivalry isn't going to do much for you. Vermin Talisman / Specific Slayer weapons will get you close enough to the damage cap in most cases. If you are spawning with the Template you want 120 Resist. Its 120 or nothing as far as resist in pvp is concerned.

I'd Drop Chiv and Go Ninja/Bush or Ninja/Poison. You Gain Confidence from Bushido, giving you a nice little heal on the run from some opponents. Poison will help your Poison resistance, and you can lob DP'ed Shurikens at your Opponents. Only need 80 Poison though.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 02:42:40 PM »
Ninja does sound like a better alternative.  I can still throw shurkiens deadly poisoned. After I deadly poison the shurkiens I can but Bushido back on and use recall scrolls to get around?

With this template, what would you suggest instead?  Stone poisoning and replace with Ninja?  And stone Chiv and replace with Bush?

Anatomy    100
Archery      120
Chiv            75.4
Heal          101.3
Poison       100
Resist        120
Tactics       100
ORACLE

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 02:45:51 PM »
Drop healing to 90.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 05:59:57 PM »
Actually they changed it so You have to have poisoning to DP with Shurikens/Fukiyas. I think some guild out there abused a shuriken script a little bit........   ;D ::)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 02:15:15 PM »
I was the ninja/poison template and very much abused throwing shurikens around :)

Offline Davisuki

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Davisuki has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 07:45:47 AM »
Hi,

for PvP the best "lammer" template is the archer stealth with ninjitsu. It's very easy to kill any pvper with lower hit points, hehehehe. I have a player with this template and i can say that it's fun =D

Archer 120
Tactics 120
Ninjitsu 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 80
My pvpver have Anatomy and Heal, but you can choose other skills as poisoning or medit for specials.

Cheers!

Tags: