Author Topic: Rebirth UO  (Read 123970 times)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth UO
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2015, 10:33:26 AM »
That is one nice thing about Rebirth..  we all get together and do things as a server.

It's an odd place.  If I really wanted to be leechy, I could accept all the help I've been offered.  But it's amazing how forthcoming people are with their offers for resouces, gold and powerscrolls.  Also I've never been on a freeshard that as social as Rebirth is.  General chat is even better than the shoutbox here.  :)  With my Chat Monitor designed specifically for Rebirth, it even feels like a chatbox!

I need to try that chat monitor, I always miss things.

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2015, 02:27:34 AM »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2015, 12:52:19 PM »
This is probably a dumb question, forgive me, but is there a custom installer or do I just use the official client download? I'd like to check this server out. This site and the Rebirth forum make it sound great.

No custom installer, you can use the baseline client from Broadsword with no issues.  If you can connect with Razor/Steam, then you use:
Address: login.rebirthuo.com
Port: 2593

If you use SUO Launcher, then the link is already in there so you just highlight RebirthUO and press "Start Client"

One thing I've noticed right now is that people are very focused on their Halloween farming, so they aren't the most communicative bunch.  lol.  In fact there's some pretty annoying guild douchbaggary going on.  SHeesh..  Why do people take this game so seriously?  Really?  I just don't get it sometimes.  Thankfully most of the players I've encountered so far are really good people and generally UO veterans and expert players.

One new player has been playing for a week and nobody even said "Hi" to him.  I fixed that.  :)

There's nothing like a TM "HI".  He probably couldn't wait for me to leave!  lol
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 01:08:00 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2015, 06:46:28 PM »
So I made a new mule with basic skill that suppose to be usefull.  I choice tinkering and Imbuing.   To my surprise soulforge don't exist and we can't use the skill directly.  Why can we choice this skill if we can't use the skill. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2015, 06:51:11 PM »
I'm pro-imbuing.  However there are others that aren't so much.  But there are some of the features that have been introduced, and we're just waiting for the inevitable caving of the stubborn devs with regard to this function.  Always remember, mob rules especially in todays world!  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2015, 06:08:05 AM »
So I made a new mule with basic skill that suppose to be usefull.  I choice tinkering and Imbuing.   To my surprise soulforge don't exist and we can't use the skill directly.  Why can we choice this skill if we can't use the skill. 

We can fix the skill chosen to one that you would like.  It used to not be available, so not sure what changed.  We will look into it.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2015, 07:33:18 AM »
[quote ]

We can fix the skill chosen to one that you would like.  It used to not be available, so not sure what changed.  We will look into it.
[/quote]

Thx for the offer.  I Pm you when I know what to choose.  This mean that we are playing like AOS, hunt for the best armour,   WoW  think I will cry, was sure those years was beyong me.  My Toon was good back then.  Damm, a panther kill me last night, that just horible.

Need to get my wife to play again, so I have someone to help me :)  Not sure how to turn this  to reality. 

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2015, 07:39:30 AM »
Can some tel me the difference between all those package
Caster : This one have 60 LCR, 5 MR and 10LMC , Full Spellbook, weaving and  necro
Tamer
Crafter
Bard
Warroir

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2015, 10:28:21 AM »
This I do not know.  Hopefully Pure or Duck can shed some light for you.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2015, 11:50:23 AM »
All are blessed,have base Resist of 5, 150 Durability and are Leather

All Receive:
Statball
3 Skill balls
Soulstone
2 Runebooks
1 House Deed

Newbie Tamer Armor:
Random Animal Lore +5, Animal Taming +5, or Veterinary +5
Lower Reg = 10
Luck = 40

Receive:  Bamboo Flute, Full Spellbook, shrink potions

Newbie Bard Armor:
Random Discord +5, Peace +5 or Provocation +5
Music + 5
LRC = 10

Receive: Bamboo Flute and Full Spellbook

Newbie Crafter Armor
Random Blacksmith +5, Carpentry +5, Tinkering +5, Fletching +5 or Tailor +5
Random Mining +5, Lumberjacking +5 or Fishing +5
LRC = 10

Receive:  All crafting tools

Newbie Warrior Armor
DI = 5
DCI = 3
HCI = 3

Receive: Kryss, Mace, Katana, Bow
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2015, 12:41:26 PM »
Thx Tidus for the info. 

Sound like the caster suit is the best one in my opinion.   Look like the gargoyle doesn`t get any suit for him. 

Was wondering if I have made the right choice when I use my token.   

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Mind Blown
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2015, 01:16:28 PM »
The gargoyle should get a newbie suit.  Did your gargoyle not get a suit set?

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2015, 10:56:08 PM »
You get a suite based on the character who redeem. Gargoyles get gargoyle armor all else get human armor.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2015, 03:44:01 PM »
 Here a new question.

Is their another place then Heartwood to get reward (Talisman, recipe scroll and other items) 

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2015, 03:55:27 PM »
Rebirth functions very similarly to EA with regard to Heartwood.  So the same receipes drop on the same venders with relatively the same frequency.  The different on Rebirth is there is a small chance of runic hammers and runic sewing kits to drop on the blacksmith and tailoring quests.  But talismans drop on all quests.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: