Author Topic: Hey folks I'm Kai.  (Read 3058 times)

Offline NytroTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Nytro has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hey folks I'm Kai.
« on: April 23, 2014, 01:59:12 AM »
Hey folks my name is Kai and this is my UO story.

I've started playin uo around the millenium, at age 13, end was very addicted to the system. Even if i played a german roleplaying freeshard, what made char developement a bit more difficult, uo just sucked me in right away. Since then it was an on/off addiction, if i had some time to spare i just got started again on different freeshard and build a new little "empire".
Around age 15 i started to learn some easy web development stuff, html and some basic php, and discovered EUO for UO too. So i started to write my own little loops and tweaks, the finished stuff from the EUO website didnt worked for most of the freeshards, so i was forced to code the stuff i wanted by myself. At first some easy loops and if functions got the things done but out of ambition i wanted to learn more and write more efficent scripts. Since then ever i've started playin uo again i thought about scripting and how to automate things, that was a huge drive for me to play uo too.

Some month's ago i thought about learn C# and try to setup a runuo server how i want it to be and then just play with my gf. :D
But unfortunately i dont have that much time atm and as a complete C# and runuo beginner it would a ridiculous amount of work.
Anyway i found a shard i like to play with my gf and now i discovered UO Stealth and want to learn Pascal and write some scripts again.  :)

So, here i am and i would like to learn from the community and share my attempts if you want...  8)

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hey folks I'm Kai.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 05:49:39 AM »
Thanks for the intro, welcome to SUO.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 05:53:08 AM »
Welcome!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 06:40:49 AM »
Welcome Kai.

And I couldn't resist (NSFW):

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 07:30:04 AM »
Hey folks my name is Kai and this is my UO story.

I've started playin uo around the millenium, at age 13, end was very addicted to the system. Even if i played a german roleplaying freeshard, what made char developement a bit more difficult, uo just sucked me in right away. Since then it was an on/off addiction, if i had some time to spare i just got started again on different freeshard and build a new little "empire".
Around age 15 i started to learn some easy web development stuff, html and some basic php, and discovered EUO for UO too. So i started to write my own little loops and tweaks, the finished stuff from the EUO website didnt worked for most of the freeshards, so i was forced to code the stuff i wanted by myself. At first some easy loops and if functions got the things done but out of ambition i wanted to learn more and write more efficent scripts. Since then ever i've started playin uo again i thought about scripting and how to automate things, that was a huge drive for me to play uo too.

Some month's ago i thought about learn C# and try to setup a runuo server how i want it to be and then just play with my gf. :D
But unfortunately i dont have that much time atm and as a complete C# and runuo beginner it would a ridiculous amount of work.
Anyway i found a shard i like to play with my gf and now i discovered UO Stealth and want to learn Pascal and write some scripts again.  :)

So, here i am and i would like to learn from the community and share my attempts if you want...  8)

Hi Kay and welcome!

I have some more Questions :
- Native German or played just on a German RPG-Shard
- How old are you now?
- Wich shard do you play now?
- how you discovered Stealth? And what was your first impression?

Crome

Offline NytroTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Nytro has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 06:14:00 AM »
Thanks for your welcome!

@12TimesOver
 Classic, this is my favorite autotune remix btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFEoMO0pc7k

@Crome969
- Native German or played just on a German RPG-Shard
*Native German, i live in NRW.
- How old are you now?
* im 27
- Wich shard do you play now?
* Ultima Online Online Addiction, its a little playerbase but that suits my schedule at the moment anyway.
- how you discovered Stealth? And what was your first impression?
* I discovered stealth as i searched the web for information about the uo steam closure.
  My first impression was very good, first of all i like the competent journal and gump features even if i did not saw them in action yet. Not to mention the multi client part.  ;)
  So, im very impressed. This program has great potential i think, i just have to get used to it.

I have very little time atm because of the final exams (in 5 weeks) in this semester, but i will try to invest some spare time here and there to get a better understanding of the program and pascal.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 10:22:28 AM »

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 07:47:09 PM »
Welcome :)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 04:25:14 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: