Author Topic: Notification Scripting  (Read 3068 times)

Offline LynkTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Lynk has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Notification Scripting
« on: July 20, 2014, 12:13:56 PM »
I have a script logs into a server, and has a character walk around specific locations. After the locations have been explored, I use the execute command to create a text file with the information i want to export, and then use another execute command to load that text file to an FTP server.

I then have a wordpress site that calls the text file with an iframe command.

This works perfectly - but I want to add a second layer of notification.

I would like the script to also send an ICQ message when the specific conditions are met.

I looked for a long time for a command line interface program that uses ICQ protocol. I did find one, mICQ / CLIMM.

It works remarkably well, but I can't seem to get the program to send a message with just one command line. According to documentation I should be able to do this:

climm -C msg <ICQ Number> <message>

but I get an error message. The website hasn't been updated since 2007, and none of the email addresses on the site function and I can't get a hold of any of the developers to answer my questions.

To get it to work I have to open up CLIMM, wait for it to load, then type the command.

so:

climm
(wait for loading)
msg <icq number> <message>

So my questions are these:

1.) Does anyone know of another program that allows you to send ICQ messages from a command line?

2.) Does anyone have a better way of sending an ICQ message from an EasyUO script?

3.) Has anyone worked with climm/mICQ before that might be able to help me figure out how to send the messages from a single command line statement?

4.) Is there a way within easy UO to send chain commands to the command line without opening a new instance? So is there a way that I could open up a command line, send the first command, wait, then send the second command?

Any help appreciated.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: Notification Scripting
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 01:40:40 AM »

1.) Does anyone know of another program that allows you to send ICQ messages from a command line?

2.) Does anyone have a better way of sending an ICQ message from an EasyUO script?

3.) Has anyone worked with climm/mICQ before that might be able to help me figure out how to send the messages from a single command line statement?

4.) Is there a way within easy UO to send chain commands to the command line without opening a new instance? So is there a way that I could open up a command line, send the first command, wait, then send the second command?

Never heard or used any AIM-Client wich allows sending messages by Console, but the stealth client could be what you are looking for.You just need to writeup a communication bridge from EUO to Stealth. Stealth is able within its inbuild to send and receive ICQ-Message. If you control Stealth via API or Python you also could attach to databases and any other thing you like.
I never heard of openuo or easyuo, that they are able to handle AIM-Protocols.

Offline LynkTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Lynk has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 03:56:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

Cheffe suggested I try AutoIT, it is a scripting program that doesn't limit to UO.  You can compile executable programs.

So I made the macro that I needed (executes command prompt, send "climm", wait until loaded, send "msg <UIN> <text>" and it works.

I'm sure there are better ways but what I need is so simple that this will suffice.

Appreciate the response.

Offline Boydon

• ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Boydon has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 02:38:42 AM »
You may also consider Miranda NG with the CmdLine plugin for more complicated stuff.
Member of the Stealth development team.

Tags: ICQ