Author Topic: New idea for a EasyUO-friendly Stealth API  (Read 18997 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
New idea for a EasyUO-friendly Stealth API
« on: October 23, 2014, 11:34:55 AM »
So I've been slowing working through the .NET Stealth wrapper and I had a bit of an idea that I though would be interesting.

Probably one of the biggest advantages of EasyUO is the simplicity of the language and how easy it is to implement quick scripts using the limited syntax.  So as I write the wrapper, I'm actually going to write 2 separate wrappers.  One for the full implementation of the Stealth API, and another one that has been simplified to allow for a general 1:1 syntax translation that will feel very comfortable to EasyUO users.  I've already written converters that translate EasyUO to Lua for the UI stuff, so it should be pretty easy to convert the existing menus being converted to .NET forms.

A step next might be for me to dust off the code I originally wrote for ScriptUO that emulates the UI look/feel from Delphi/EasyUO.  I kinda want to stay with generic .NET forms to make my life easier.

My intentions are not to write a 1:1 emulator, but to make the programming transition from EasyUO to .NET as easy as possible.

Anyhow, thoughts?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: New idea for a EasyUO-friendly Stealth API
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 11:51:15 AM »
So I've been slowing working through the .NET Stealth wrapper and I had a bit of an idea that I though would be interesting.

Probably one of the biggest advantages of EasyUO is the simplicity of the language and how easy it is to implement quick scripts using the limited syntax.  So as I write the wrapper, I'm actually going to write 2 separate wrappers.  One for the full implementation of the Stealth API, and another one that has been simplified to allow for a general 1:1 syntax translation that will feel very comfortable to EasyUO users.  I've already written converters that translate EasyUO to Lua for the UI stuff, so it should be pretty easy to convert the existing menus being converted to .NET forms.

A step next might be for me to dust off the code I originally wrote for ScriptUO that emulates the UI look/feel from Delphi/EasyUO.  I kinda want to stay with generic .NET forms to make my life easier.

My intentions are not to write a 1:1 emulator, but to make the programming transition from EasyUO to .NET as easy as possible.

Anyhow, thoughts?
The idea sounds great! I would go that far saying, write the c# wrapper and implement it as Core Module for your ScriptUO Editor. So you dont need to write 2 Wrappers, just 1 Wrapper wich works for c# and Add the Power of Scripting with the Editor by using the Wrapper.
A General translation would be impossible. Easyuo has some Strong Points wich incorporate with Stealth and Stealth has also strong Points wich never can be done by easyuo.
I personally suggest going more the way of writing an by Easyuo inspired Languange with the power of UI wich corporates with your wrapper.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 12:04:11 PM »
I had thought several times about stubbing Stealth into ScriptUO to help enable the interpreter for the client interface.  I just never took the time to play with the API, so that's kinda why I'm working through the wrapper now.  I'm getting the feel for what's doable and what's not.  So we'll see how that goes.  In the mean time, I'm just jazzed that I have the beginnings of the wrapper going and I'm actually causing things to happen on my Lexia character.  :)

I'm rusty, dusty and dazed in my UO and C# recollection.  lol
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Orich

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Orich has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 02:17:23 PM »

Where were you a year ago TMX? :)

Member of the Stealth development team.
Author of Stealth .NET DLL

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 02:49:13 PM »

No kidding.  Just slumbering on my pile of gold in the bowels of Mt. Dhoom.  If only I had your C# skills.  Anyhow, who knows how long this fresh set of AA batteries will last!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cstalker

• Google Slut
  • ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cstalker has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 03:31:21 PM »
I feel a Afk check cumming on mahahhahahahahah

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 03:52:15 PM »
I feel a Afk check cumming on mahahhahahahahah

And you think I haven't already worked around that?  Silly rabbit.  ;)

I'm just standing around Gelatinous Cubes place north of Malas.  Mostly just staring at a wall.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Orich

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Orich has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 09:25:09 PM »

No kidding.  Just slumbering on my pile of gold in the bowels of Mt. Dhoom.  If only I had your C# skills.  Anyhow, who knows how long this fresh set of AA batteries will last!

My C# skills aren't that special ... C# is just ezmode as far as languages go

I have just about no time lately ... but if you want a fork of the latest (old as hell) original DLL source let me know.. 

If I do have time, I wouldnt mind helping out a bit too ... It's been a year since I touched C#, so I need some freshening up.
Member of the Stealth development team.
Author of Stealth .NET DLL

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 09:40:29 PM »
My C# skills aren't that special ... C# is just ezmode as far as languages go

I have just about no time lately ... but if you want a fork of the latest (old as hell) original DLL source let me know.. 

If I do have time, I wouldnt mind helping out a bit too ... It's been a year since I touched C#, so I need some freshening up.

This goes along way to describe my C# skills.  There's a reason I never released the source to ScriptUO.  IT'S FUGLY!  Frankly, it's a bit embarrassing.

I'm just trying to learn the API by wallowing around in the wrapping of the statics.  I've fought through a whole bunch, but there's a whole bunch more.  I've been putting aside the things where I need to pack a structure with field accessed variables as well as the listarray stuff.  There's some conversions from Delphi to C# conversion that aren't clear to me.  Since I'm trying to do this without peaking be behind the curtain, it's going to be interesting.  Everytime I do something like this, I realize how much there is still left to learn about C#.

I really like the organization you were doing for the C# data objects.  It would be nice to collaborate with you regarding how you originally did it.  Honestly, your videos more than explain your intentions.

Anyhow, glad to see you around again.  Don't be a stranger - you'll have fun watching me trying to juggle flaming cats while learning the unicycle.  heh
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 03:27:22 PM »
Slowly plodding.  Wrapper currently sits at:

42.6% written & tested
26.6% written & untested
10.3% written and failed test
19.1% unwritten or undocumented
1.4% dunno why this doesn't add up to 100%

Progress will slow greatly now since there are some hard things to figure out.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 03:57:39 PM »
New Math

30+30+30=100

At least that is how the federal government adds things up!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 04:47:37 PM »
At least that is how the federal government adds things up!

Ain't that the truth!

Extra annoying because the function count in the wrapper is suppose to be 424 functions, but I only account for 423.  Bleah.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 11:40:58 PM »
EasyUO... stealth?!

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 07:26:16 AM »
EasyUO... stealth?!

Heh, think of it as Stealth-lite.  It makes sense because most people just aren't programmers that are casual scripters.  Since both APIs will be available, then they can use the EasyUO-friendly API to start with, but then crack into the full Stealth presentation when they finally take their training wheels off.

Purists... Sheesh.  :p
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 05:36:14 PM »
3 hopelessly failed commands
18.9% unwritten
30.2% written/untested
49.7% written/tested

I've been spending my time today organizing all the functions and also comparing my existing dll translation/comparison to the online documents to some new information that Crome gave me today.  So some progress today.  Don't get to disheartened by the lack of motion of the written/tested number.  I should start testing the untested section now that they have been reconciled with the most up-to-date information.

Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: