Author Topic: IDOCs Shenanigans  (Read 5568 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: IDOCs Shenanigans
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 08:31:56 PM »
Heh, buzzards, somehow I find that name very fitting of people who IDOC extensively. Waiting hours and days for a house to die in hopes of picking up some scrap pixels worth something to someone.

I went on an EM event tonight and was highly disappointed. I made the mistake of going on an archer with healing skill. Well, it was just one big zerg to get kill rights on a monster that could AOE stun the entire room and 1-shot kill everyone... except Sampires and Tamer pets. Healing skill is 100% useless after the first death because you no longer have bandages to use. Sure enough the lead sampy got THREE of the 20 limited EM items to himself and the other 17 went to tamers and other sampires. Even the guy in back doing nothing but ressing everyone got nothing and he probably worked harder than anyone.

Idocs don't seem so bad after that.  

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 11:59:50 PM »

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 02:01:54 AM »
This was on Atlantic and apparently there was an issue, I contacted them and got a brief reply. The EM had requested a Stygian Abyss boss to fight and instead got some not for public shard badass test boss of some sort. I wasn't kidding when I said it froze everyone in the room... you couldn't move for 6 seconds and were stunned again, and again, every 8 seconds or so leaving 2 seconds of movement. That combined with the one shot kill mechanic on everyone but samps and dragon pets it was pretty dumb. There was 15 or so dragons and an equal number of sampires so it did die, eventually. <y archer couldn't get in range, I'd be dead before I could (even when I turned on my heal script and yes, I had max resist gear on a GM resist archer, didn't matter). I never got a good look at it, it was hidden behind dragons the entire time, so I had to use the ctrl+shift method of targeting. Didn't help that it was in the bottom of hyloth and half the group got stuck in the maze.

The reward was a skinned deer corpse visual with some fancy text and you could buy one for 1 billion gold for the first couple hours. 6 hours later a couple of the people were spamming chat for 150 million. Yeah, they don't get it. It dawned on me that I have EVERY rare given out in game at this point, all of them, every EM event and reward given out even when I wasn't playing. How is that possible? Most of these EM items are just existing items with different colors or titles, which is hardly exciting.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:04:23 AM by Gemviper »

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2014, 08:13:36 PM »
Well there are pro IDOCers for Sure :) I know one group on ATL that is really good with the stealth Client . coder maybe  :-X .  I get what I get lol and try to be a PIA when I can. LOL I miss the Harbinger drops I was getting good stuff off of those lol.

Tags: