Author Topic: Steam Popularity  (Read 12549 times)

Offline supercub013Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • supercub013 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Steam Popularity
« on: November 17, 2014, 03:35:46 PM »
I'm looking for possibly more in depth documentation for UO Steam. I've been writing simple scripts here and there but am now looking to do something more advanced, or should I try a more advanced scripting program to move on to. From my understanding UO steam is no longer being supported so maybe it's time to try something else? any information would be helpful. Also is this where I would post help with the scripts themselves?

V/R
Supercub013

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Popularity
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 07:14:06 PM »
You might also post and check here

http://uosteam.thefoamingsquirrels.com/

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 09:13:17 AM »
Thank you! do people use easy UO in conjunction with programs like razer or steam? I have been reading the other forums on ScriptUO and EasyUO which seems to be much more in depth scripting, callbacks etc.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 09:44:16 AM »
A lot of us use uo assist, uo steam or razor but for heavy duty scripting we use easyuo or stealth.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 10:29:32 AM »
Is there any one of those in particular that are in common use that one would suggest as to be good to start with. ie one with more documentation perhaps or a GUI/color coding commands while scripting etc. Thanks for the input.

Offline Kahless

• Activity:
    0%
  • Kahless has no influence.
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 11:45:47 AM »
I use UO Steam for interactive stuff, and EasyUO or Open Easy UO for heaving lifting (anything totally automated and complex)

I do usem the in conjunction to run looters.  UOS is amazing for quick dirty stuff. Its biggest limitation is that it only runs one script at a time... which is perfect for PVP/PVM macros, but not so great for running advanced looters, miners, ect.

I am really looking forward to playing with Stealth... I see great potential there.... but I suspect I will still like Steam better for when I am actively playing.

I think everyone in my guild uses Steam as well.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 07:56:27 AM »
I use UO Steam for interactive stuff, and EasyUO or Open Easy UO for heaving lifting (anything totally automated and complex)

I do usem the in conjunction to run looters.  UOS is amazing for quick dirty stuff. Its biggest limitation is that it only runs one script at a time... which is perfect for PVP/PVM macros, but not so great for running advanced looters, miners, ect.

I am really looking forward to playing with Stealth... I see great potential there.... but I suspect I will still like Steam better for when I am actively playing.

I think everyone in my guild uses Steam as well.

Steam is great for playing. However once EA changes their protocol, either kraz has to come back or the project will be dead.
Stealth is less good for things Steam is strong, but much stronger on things euo is ok..

Offline Kahless

• Activity:
    0%
  • Kahless has no influence.
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 11:08:27 AM »
The possible demise of Steam is what brought me to this forum.... looking for alternatives. Like I said, I really love it.... but I don't want my guild and I to be caught with our pants down if it goes away.

Has there been any word if anybody is going to at least patch it to maintain functionality?  Or any word of upcoming protocol changes that could break it?  It has been my understanding that Razor is also effectively *dead*... but it still "sorta" works.  For that matter, RunUO is technically abandoned too... but I don't see it going away any time soon.

I play exclusivity on a free shard, but it is one that always stays current.... so anything known would be good to hear.

Thanks!

--Kahless

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 11:44:42 AM »
Last I heard, the developers kept the code private and it will work until broadsword makes changes that break it. I am not sure about Razor but RunUO is open source and I am sure that there will be people to keep it going even though the original developers have stopped.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 11:46:08 AM »
Last I heard, the developers kept the code private and it will work until broadsword makes changes that break it. I am not sure about Razor but RunUO is open source and I am sure that there will be people to keep it going even though the original developers have stopped.

Razor is probably in the same boat.  Zippy is long gone.  I haven't heard either way if they are going to be or can even update it.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »

Razor is probably in the same boat.  Zippy is long gone.  I haven't heard either way if they are going to be or can even update it.

Nope Razor is managed by mark http://razor.uo.cx/

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 12:11:33 PM »
Nope Razor is managed by mark http://razor.uo.cx/

Ah cool, I didn't realize that!  You're a wealth of knowledge Crome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 01:50:20 PM »
Now if we could get the source code for steam!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 03:31:17 PM »

It wouldnt help much. It would be similar as releasing Stealth Source. I bet most people never would be able to compile because of third party packages  wich are also customized and not included in the normal source..

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 04:56:02 PM »

It wouldnt help much. It would be similar as releasing Stealth Source. I bet most people never would be able to compile because of third party packages  wich are also customized and not included in the normal source..

ahh ic!

Tags: