Author Topic: house inventory  (Read 3445 times)

Offline rbestoneTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • rbestone has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
house inventory
« on: January 07, 2015, 06:21:31 AM »
i am slowly learning the basics of writing scripts. it still takes weeks, even months to make simple scripts. but, each one has taught me something new. i search programs on how they do this and that, figure out what i need it to do and add it. now im working on a house inventory script.I found and used several scripts that inventory your house content. the problem im having is they have ya walk to the middle of house and start program. then it seems to search from like 9 tiles around char start position. my house is an odd shaped house and they always seem to find objects and items next door. so im wishing to learn how to find all items and objects within the 4 corners of my house. I wish to learn how to search for items in an area  instead of like finditem * G_18 so I can work on my own script.

Offline ZigZagZebra

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ZigZagZebra has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: house inventory
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 04:45:26 PM »
 If this is a script where your char moves around I would think you could define the X and Y coordinates of your home and set your pathfinding or rail to keep your character at least as far as your G_ value is away.

I personally like the idea of creating a rail where you travel through every knook and cranny of your home and set the G_ value lower.

Good Luck!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 05:17:52 PM »
People use this script pretty successfully:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=24.0;highlight=miffy

It doesn't rail or move, but you can stand next to the contents of containers and it will access what it can.

Because of this script, I tended to stack my storage containers within 2 spaces of a few locations to make finding things easy.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:34:40 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 07:31:06 AM »
People use this script pretty successfully:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=24.0;highlight=miffy

It doesn't rail or move, but you can stand next to the contents of containers and it will access what it can.

Because of this script, I tended to stack my storage containers within 2 spaces of a few locations to make finding things easy.

If you couple the above with my minirail system you should be set...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: