Author Topic: AssistUO/AUO used to be Steam  (Read 7385 times)

Offline Mad TamerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Mad Tamer has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
AssistUO/AUO used to be Steam
« on: February 21, 2015, 12:44:41 AM »
I used to use this for a UOA type program. I liked the macro area. I had to wipe my computer and now the Object Inspector Thing does not work and say I click bandage and then click dragon and hit save it says useobject 0x40c1daba NOT FOUND. This is the simple macro I am trying to make. I don't know if or why my AssistUO is broken or if it is broken for everyone?  I can't find any info about AssistUO or UOSteam anywhere anymore. Does anyone still use this program? RUNUO had it for a while but now no longer supports it. Thanks alot for your help in this matter. Have a nice day everyone!

useobject 0x40c1daba
waitfortarget 15000
target! 0xb178bc

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: AssistUO/AUO used to be Steam
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 02:53:29 AM »
The developers went out on their own, renamed it UO Steam, and then quit and took it with them. There was a site hosting it with documentation but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. I know others here use it so they may be able to point you to a safe download of it.

Offline Ketchup

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ketchup has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 03:34:40 AM »

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 08:43:36 AM »

Offline Mad TamerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Mad Tamer has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 06:58:39 PM »
Thanks everyone. I was using steam but it was outdated or something the macros were broken and object inspector didn't work. I downloaded the new one from that site up there and its now working fine. You guys are awesome! Thanks again.

Offline Kahless

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kahless has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 11:40:13 AM »
For what its worth, I also use UO Steam, as well as EasyUO, and OpenEasyUO.

They are all portable, in that you can install them all under the same directory structure, and then zip up the entire directory structure to copy them to a thumbdrive for a backup in case an update breaks something, or in case you want to copy everything to another PC. Just throw a copy of that pesky Microsoft dependency in the folder to install if you are going to run it from a new computer.

Cartographer is slightly trickier, but it lives in the same folder as well. The trick is that it has some files that need copied into the user profile the first time it is run on a new machine.

My UO folder lives on my desktop, with subfolders for the game itself, and each scripting engine. I never update anything without creating a zip file of the entire mess first, and I have never broken it and not been able to easily recover.

Tags: