Author Topic: Filling Book from Scrolls in Backpack  (Read 8176 times)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Filling Book from Scrolls in Backpack
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 09:29:21 AM »
Yea - I use break for that when I don't want to return.

Offline CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 10:12:26 AM »
Okay, I did forget to say that it is not dropping them in and I forgot to save it with set %mage_book MPF at the top of the script so it finds the spellbook.

I do have a couple of questions, first about the dragspells sub

Code: [Select]
sub DragToSpellbook
  ;set %1 %ScrollSecure
  ;set %2 %spellbook
  ;set %3 %scroll . %N

finditem %1 G_2
  if #FINDKIND = -1
    return N/A
    finditem %3 C_ , %1
    if #FINDKIND <> -1
    {
      exevent drag #FINDID 1
      wait 10
      exevent dropc %2
      wait 10
    }
return

%1 is the ScrollSecure and %3 is the scrolls so I am confused that about you saying that it is looking for scrolls on the floor so  set %1 ScrollSecure, I was under the impression that
Code: [Select]
finditem %1 G_2
  if #FINDKIND = -1
    return N/A
is saying that if the secure is not on the floor and g_2 means within two tiles right? I am hoping that I am reading it right, it is saying to check for the secure within 2 tiles of me, then move scrolls to the spellbook and the %1 %2 %3 is the order in which you make the gosub statement

I hope I am not coming off rude by asking, I am just really trying to understand the code and what it means. I have no true coding experience other than learning EUO and playing around with RUO scripts a few years back.

Anyways, with that line out, it still does not drop the scrolls into the spellbook.

Did I make a mistake with a return? I do understand that they are needed and that it stops reading there but I don't know much more about them then that. I quickly put this together to test out the dropping scrolls onto the spellbook when it wasn't working. I know I should never be in a hurry with a cut and paste but it is murphy's law lol.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:26:51 AM by Crisis »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 05:06:37 PM »
My mistake .. now i see you are searching for the secure each time you drag, didn't register that before was thinking it was the scroll.  So i was barking up the wrong tree but still got the right spot for the error... !!!!

Even thow i see what your doing now I still dont get why you would do this  .. are you expecting the secure container to disappear from one spell to the next.    Presumably you opened the container at some point so you know it exists and is open  +  You never know how people will use your script the secure that hold my spells is inside another secure and not on the ground at all. In my experience best to make it generic, open the secure don't matter where its located.

So the error is now obvious....  think about it .. is your backpack on the ground or is your player carrying it... !!!!    Your paper-doll itself is a container and that container contains as one of the items your character backpack !!!   Therefor character backpack is not on the ground and thus fails your ground search.

:D

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:08:15 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 02:34:28 PM »
I redid everything and have it working but it is very glitchy. It works great until it starts to meditate then it makes extra scrolls of ones already made and does not make others. I have not had any success with the check for scribe tool or making them. GRRR, I am very frustrated right now.

Known issues:

Crafting scribe and tinker tools: after it crafts the scribe pen, it makes one scroll and then gets stuck on crafting tinker tools. I am at a loss as to why though I am sure to an experienced eye it is something easy.

Well I fixed the crafting tools and now it is not meditating at all

When it was working, Meditation sub: it is interfering with making scrolls, it makes some duplicates and does not make others.

When it was working, Meditation sub: timing is not right, sometimes when it is full mana and tries to start crafting, I get a journal message saying you must wait to perform another action. It seems like it is counting crafting like casting a spell, if the med cool down is not up, you cannot make a spell scroll.

Script Status: Not showing when it is crafting the different circles of spells

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Crisis Craft and Fill Spellbook Filler 1.0.txt

Tags: