Author Topic: heres a question for all of you  (Read 7227 times)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: heres a question for all of you
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 09:11:47 PM »
OMG that is too funny. I would love to hear the same story from their point of view. Reminds me of one of my mining incidents. I had a miner that would get pk'd in the same spot every time I went there between a certain time frame. I decided to get one over, and made a character identical only I gave him fighting skills along with his mining and magery. I then started mining manually with macros and waited. After about 30 minutes, on my second swing to that location, he pops out and attacks. When I counter attacked, he stopped and I think was dumbfounded. I killed and looted him and then rezzed him. The only thing he could say was I thought you were someone else. It was quite a while before i was pk'd there again.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 06:25:41 PM »
I have never turned in a scripter ever...     But have had my scripts messed with on numerous occasions.....  One of the funniest script messing was back when Frost-wood was new... I found a frostwood tree literately outside a red Guild House,  thank fully them being red they never called a gm and would just kill me and watch my broken script try to recall for hours.

This lead to my own personal  script Vs red war... I would improve the script they would change their tactics,  eventually it became a 4-7 player attack on my lumberjack...  I developed all kinds of code to respond to the reds the first being wandering healer location, reporting a red death as watching them kill me one time they explained to a new red that they new it was a script because it never reported them, recalling on site of a red, anti poison and healing  and finally  moving on to recalling near the house and stealthing to the tree...     Eventually I won the war... being too hard to kill and when killed came back again in short measure but was alot of fun while it lasted...

When I first started afk mining (pre imbuing) I had a pvper camp one of my spots. I finally got tired of it and invested in mage scrolls and a quality pvp suit. I pretended to be afk then I tossed a bola and laid the smack down. I had that screenshot for years until I updated comps. Nothing like slaying a pvp temp with a mule.

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 10:22:49 PM »
I would feel like a huge hypocrite to page on scripters.  So I never have.  I have been busted once recall mining.  Sad thing was, I wasn't afk.  I got 'recall bugged' where the client crashes right after recalling.  It happens when if you issue a command too fast after recalling.  The GM came during this time, and I was working on a script.  So when it crashed, I didn't do anything.  When I went to log back in, I was banned!  I only received a temp ban. 

The thing is, I think OSI knows that this entire game would hit the crap shoot if they banned scripting.  UO is an amazing game, and I wish there was one like it that developed crafting such as it started.  Anyway, mining is dreadful, who would do that without scripting?   

I do enjoy what TM is saying.  I think it's good, teaches people to write better scripts if someone can mess up your script. 

Protip 1:  Shout journal messages that are related to their action ;) If someone isn't checking the journal color -_-  hahahaha
Protip 2:  Block railers with wooden chests
Protip 3:  Lead spawn to them that they might not be expecting (Careful, considered griefing on OSI, but scripters aren't around to report you :D)
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 07:18:17 AM »
Dont forget that a very few amount making money on UO.

If i would have a monopol on runics and someone would script those i would report them as well if this decides if my income raise or drop (business related).
My own experience as Power-Scripter was always business factors or people were jealous that i had a certain script or got better results then them.

But not @RebirthUO ;-)

Tags: