Author Topic: Character Movement  (Read 10169 times)

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Character Movement
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 02:40:49 PM »
Ketchup you are using crystal Portal or Corrupted portal is therefore after what u run into the final destination. 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 05:32:36 PM »
A  Rail system  I used for running the Ants nest:  http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=4712.0
Also found in  http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=10609.0  See file:   En-Subs-Railsystems.txt    inside the giant zip

A rail system I used for running around luna,  from Haven to luna,  around houses and teleports and other such stuff...:   Inside this script  http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1509.0    .. search  for "; Simple Movement Recording Subs"   Its very powerful and reducing a rail from inn in newhaven  to moongate to  "30d593ZNCk5h4s5f6e75l6n7z5a5d6z5o5c7w5t7a5"

Both include recorders... but first one has instructions on useage.

I have another one as well specifically designed for inhouse movement but it appears to inside one of my elite scripts...

good luck.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline KetchupTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ketchup has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 06:33:12 AM »
I've decided I need something better for my current project, I'm wanting a script to play on a master char and a script to get other characters to stand on his final resting point, I'm needing this for peerless bosses and unsure how to go about it, for example I move the main char through the portal in medusa and run him to the spawn point of medusa, I'd like to somehow get all the chars to follow but I'm guessing an issue would be moving through the portal on the main char would cause all the other chars to run in some crazy direction?
Alone have any idea of what I can add into my scripts to make this work please?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 06:41:07 AM »
I've decided I need something better for my current project, I'm wanting a script to play on a master char and a script to get other characters to stand on his final resting point, I'm needing this for peerless bosses and unsure how to go about it, for example I move the main char through the portal in medusa and run him to the spawn point of medusa, I'd like to somehow get all the chars to follow but I'm guessing an issue would be moving through the portal on the main char would cause all the other chars to run in some crazy direction?
Alone have any idea of what I can add into my scripts to make this work please?

What you need is a master slave/s  style script with railing.    So the master script tells the slave scripts what to do so when you get to portal  master script tells slaves must goto  x,y   then wait xms  and continue with rail.

Its been done many times and logically isnt that hard once you get used to master/slave communications.

Alternatively doesnt the bracelet of binding allow you to teleport one character to another...   Its been a very long time since i used that item and unsure if works in peerless boss area.. but if does work you could rail one char in and then use braclet of minding to teleport other chars to same spot...

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 12:57:21 PM »
I'd love to learn more about these "master/slave" communications, I'm trying to find the best/most efficient way of doing the following which is close to what is being looked for in this thread.

- Recall to a previously marked spot from a runebook(I have this working nicely)
- Begin moving from that spot to another spot(through housing, some areas being much longer than others, having problems)
- Monitor house signs(I have this working nicely)
- Recall to next spot when done(also working nicely)

Obviously I'm talking about a recall rail for fel side which has been done many times, but mostly for resource gathering. I'm running into a "quirk" of sorts however. When I check house signs I can do so at a full speed mounted run without fail ONLY if running with move towards mouse location active. If I am running at full speed while holding a mouse button or using arrow keys(yuck) then each tile I move resets the check of the sign and so it never completes the check.

In the stealth client, if you right click on the map, you can click "go here" and that works amazingly well, almost too well, and it never misses a housecheck on the way. I'm having some trouble accomplishing the same in EUO right now and I don't know how to create a runebook rail system in stealth so...

Any tips on how you'd finish off the movement parts of a recall rail system appreciated. The actual paths are all pretty straight surprisingly enough, movement from side to side is generally less than 3 tiles as you move through houses if recording it right. If I should create another thread feel free to move this, otherwise any input/advice on making a solid recall rail system appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 12:59:18 PM by Gemviper »

Offline KetchupTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ketchup has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2015, 09:18:23 AM »
EN thanks for your reply, that would be something better for me to implement into my scripts, do you have any examples of this that I can see so I can try to learn how to use them into my own scripts please?

Tags: