Author Topic: Hello! Good to be here!  (Read 2485 times)

Offline dianTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • dian has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello! Good to be here!
« on: October 02, 2015, 04:59:57 PM »
I realized I was a big vague on my initial intro post, and I appologize for that -I shamefully did not read the guide lines to the Introduction forum  :-[

Sooo...    take 2?

Hey guys, been 17 year Ultima player, just found this place :) 

Btw, been kinda reading around for a few days, and theres a lot of great contributions here!  Great to see so many people activly working on Ultima game play!
I have done a few simple EUO scripts, but nothing spectacular. I am a hard core skill trainer, lol..  might be able to contribute a bit here myself :)

Soo..  Started on Europa in 99. was a simple warrior. After I got the hang of things, I made some money training up an scribe selling recall scrolls. Somewhere around that point I met a Lady that was trying to build an animal tamer, and convinced me to do the same. It seemed like a great excuse to spent time with her, so I accepted  8)

Well, about a year later, I finally did GM animal taming, lol!  That character has been my most played out of all others to date. Not to mention I ended up traveling to meet this lady in real life.. and we ended up getting married! Been married some 13 years going on 14 now  ???

So, yeah UO has been a small staple in our lives over the years. We usually play during the winter more than anything. Still have my original warrior character too, which is now a pretty decent Sampire.
I just finished my first Thief character as matter fact, and am wondering how worth while that really will be.. but, should be a fun change of pace compared to the usual Pvm gameplay.

The wife is an big fisher now, and with 120 fishing it shows! (I have not even reached 80, lol) She does the fish monger quests like mad  :)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hello! Good to be here!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 08:39:02 PM »
Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 09:35:21 PM »
Another real-life UO hookup!  The only girl I played with and dated in UO turned into a psychobitch, so I'm glad you got lucky!  

Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline dianTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • dian has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 11:01:18 AM »
Thanks guys, appreciate it :)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 07:01:04 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 11:16:14 AM »
Another real-life UO hookup!  The only girl I played with and dated in UO turned into a psychobitch, so I'm glad you got lucky!  

Welcome!

I almost fell out of my chair laughing.. everyone looked at me funny.  Anyways... welcome Dian!
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 12:23:14 PM »
Welcome Dian,

I met a woman in UO back in 2001, she turned out to be a bit psychotic too! Maybe it had something to do with her 17 cats, I dunno :)

I just finished my first Thief character as matter fact, and am wondering how worth while that really will be..
If you don't mind hanging out in fel and actively looking for trouble you have no idea... I even dropped fighting from my thief/stealther to become pure rogue with detect hidden, tracking, the works and I've had the most fun with him over the years. The disguise kit alone is worth the time it takes to raise a thief/stealther, you can steal something from someone, use it, come back 5 minutes later when you're blue again and the guy will warn you of a thief and chat it up a lot of the time. it's hilarious.

Tags: