Author Topic: Cannot play without Stealth after running it  (Read 9387 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Cannot play without Stealth after running it
« on: October 04, 2015, 11:34:05 PM »
Hi,

I took stealth for a spin tonight, very impressed with it, but without scripts for IDOCs and Fishing etc I couldn't actually play with it so I went back to EUO afterwards. Problem, I could no longer log in when using EUO or without, even running the UO.exe and updating the client did not solve the problem. I did a complete uninstall and re-install of UO and that solved the problem.

- Error given when trying to log in was "you cannot connect right now, try again later"
- Only affected logging in from any source BUT Stealth, I could still log in with Stealth
- My account login name kept getting replaced with "stealthClient"

How can I avoid this the next time I run Stealth?

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: Cannot play without Stealth after running it
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 12:32:14 AM »
Dear Gemviper here are few solutions to your issue :

- Error given when trying to log in was "you cannot connect right now, try again later"
This means you are unable to connect to the given server IP\Port written in login.cfg. Step to Solution #2
- Only affected logging in from any source BUT Stealth, I could still log in with Stealth
You prolly forgot to toggle "Use steal.cfg instead of login.cfg" on client options (where you setup client.exe). This means Stealth rewrites login.cfg instead of creating steal.cfg.
- My account login name kept getting replaced with "stealthClient"
This is based on the way the uo client store account data and how stealth manage your account. In reality whenever you login to the visual client via stealth, it suggest the client to login onto localhost to port 5005.
Stealth fakes to client, that it would be the gameserver and to the server it would be the gameclient. Whenever you are logged in via stealth, you can login to stealth with client.exe or razor as it would be a server on the data given above. So the username to the stealth server is always Stealthclient and password is admin. You even can configurate remote access to stealth and could run automaticly stealth and then login a client.exe via far away place and see what stealth do.

So back to the topic, when you login via stealth, the client saves the username of last used "successful" login and reshow this on next client startup.

Regards

Crome

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 12:42:38 AM »
Tanks Crome

You prolly forgot to toggle "Use steal.cfg instead of login.cfg" on client options (where you setup client.exe). This means Stealth rewrites login.cfg instead of creating steal.cfg

I didn't forget, I actually did it on purpose because it would not connect otherwise. I watched the youtube video and followed it step for step but it would not work until I turned that toggle to login.cfg. I'm assuming I should keep a copy of both next time instead of reloading the entire UO game.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 10:12:31 AM by Gemviper »

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 01:21:02 AM »
You maybe mean something different, the toggle wich decides if you can login or not is the encryption toggle. EA decrypt packets what freeshard dont.
Properly configurated you never will have any issue :)

Offline Ketchup

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ketchup has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 09:55:13 AM »
normally it won't let you make the new .cfg unless you run it as administrator, hope that helps

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 10:03:20 AM »
And just so you know, you can Run EUO scripts through the Stealth Client.  It sees it as client.exe and as such will allow you to run an EUO script.  So no need to use anything other than Stealth even for EUO.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 10:43:03 AM »
I followed this video
and it worked flawlessly with one exception, the only thing I had to do differently from the video to make it work was NOT toggle "Use steal.cfg instead of login.cfg" because when I did that it would not connect at all.

I didn't see any documentation on running EUO scripts through stealth, one I enjoy is TMs auto-fishing, which requires his claw script to be running, and that can be done through stealth? I did try to run EUO at the same time as stealth but since stealth launches the client I could not get EUO to recognize the client so I assumed it wasn't being supported. I read some posts stating that stealth would "never support EUO scripts" too, lol, and didn't see a way to use an EUO script directly in stealth.

I'd love to read more about doing that.

I just want to add some things. I sincerely feel that sharing scripts doesn't hinder anyone and it does not create competition against yourself, at least not as much as people think when they keep their scripts private. Most of the scripts I use regularly date back to 2008 and are still used because they don't hinder anything, I've modified almost each of mine to fit my playstyle anyway. Example: How many times have you seen "gemviper" at an idoc? I am at a lot of them but I highly doubt we've run into each other at the same time on the same shard recently, lol. I understand the mentality and in no way am suggesting you shouldn't keep code you've written for yourself private, it's just the "protected" or "for elite only" that makes me lol just a little. Reminds me of a kid in a candy shop where the best candy is behind glass and off limits, it kinda sucks if you're not special enough, ya know? Anyway, it is how it is, no big deal and not what concerns me.

I have all the scripts I need to either use them as is or modify them to do as I need, but some I do not.
- Script to run rails and collect a runebook filled with decaying house locations (it exists, saw it being used already)
- Script to loot idoc with packhorse support that is fast(it exists, saw it being used by one guy who nabs 80% of the best loot)
- Script that maps UO houses, even if only when in range, on a minimap when I do it manually(fel, remote locations etc)

Stealth is the only one to have that last one out of the box, UOAM is defunct and slow, razor has a map but I can't get it to display housing and it doesn't zoom out far enough for my liking. I know these exist, I just wish that instead of being behind the glass in a candy shop they would be put behind a crowdsource funding or donation funding paywall where if you provide either your time testing it, OR money/gold for the developer, you can participate in its development too, provide feedback etc. Not all UO players can write code, ya know? :)

I'm not upset or angry or anything, if you read that in my posts I apologize, I do tend to "find a way" so I'll keep pluggin away until I have a working option to do the above and get in the game with these super scripters :)

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 11:51:21 AM »
I will make you some Screenshots Tomorrow how you set it up for EA correctly..
Your other Question about easyuo :
In stealth you have the option to set a Clientversion on ShardProfile. This Version will be send to server on login via stealth regardless of the Version you have installed.
The "trick" is that you not patch your client but send EA a newer Clientversion and enjoy easyuo on older client.exe until cheffe update.
This works on 99% of Updates, except EA updates packet protocol.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 12:05:16 PM »
For me, in order to use stealth from my programming environment (SharpDevelop in my case) I must run it with administrator rights.  I also run stealth with elevated rights and have no issues then.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 12:21:16 PM »
you can Run EUO scripts through the Stealth Client

The screenshots would be great, I'm having some troubles doing this.
Alone
- Start stealth and then client(via the stealth control panel launch button), game runs well
- Start EUO and then client(via the EUO control panel launch button), game runs well

Together
- Start stealth then EUO = EUO can't find the server when I try to use a script regardless of how the client is opened
- Start EUO then stealth, same thing
- Start stealth, then launch client, then open EUO to access a script = EUO cannot find the server
- etc

I cannot run an EUO script, or EUO at all if stealth is running right now, I hope I'm describing that well enough. It means that if I run stealth I have no scripts available to run :-X

With your help I WILL get up to speed, and hopefully one day soon write some wonderfully useful stuff of my own to share, but for now I'm way behind everyone else and the time involvement to get up to speed is a lot for an 18 year old game, lol. I re-read some of my post from last night and I apologize for sounding impatient, I AM learning it on my own as I can so please don't think I'm just trying to get others to do my bidding, please don't feel offended if that's how I sounded. I think I can I think I can...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 12:25:29 PM by Gemviper »

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 09:20:22 PM »
- Start Stealth as Admin
- Mark Client.exe to be runned with Admin-Rights
- Start Client through Stealth as Admin
- Start EasyUO as Admin
- Benefit

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 12:49:43 AM »
benefit, TY kind sir

In the interim I decided to try and "slim down" some of my most used EUO scripts to prepare them for stealth when I figure out how it works a bit better(and I will, eventually!). I began taking out anything that wasn't absolutely necessary to minimize how difficult they would be for me to figure out in Stealth and the results were rewarding honestly.

I am now the proud owner of an idoc finding script that reminds me of a jack in the box, lol.

It searches for signs at max range, ignores any that aren't in a stage of decay and opens my backpack if it is in decay, that's it. It's now maybe 30 lines long and every time my pack goes "pop" it's making me grin. It's useful too since I need to open it to mark a rune, and it's fast... I cruise around at full speed without problems. I'm thinking it's small enough to be used as a sub in a rune/rail script for searching in fel.

Less is more sometimes!

Oh and stealth now has no effect on my UO installation, after re-installing UO from scratch the problem never returned even when I use stealth. My file must have been altered or corrupt somehow, not completely sure exactly what was wrong now but happy the problem is gone.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 12:51:39 AM by Gemviper »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 03:09:10 AM »
I loaded Stealth up again to see if it could help me with a task, updated it to the most recent version and logged in to OSI. I loaded the client too via the button in stealth but seem to be having some problems. The Map works, my paths are correct, the game logs in with a username of Stealthclient etc... I'm in the game and can see things around my character, but I have no control over it.

I can't move the character, just spin him around in one spot, and I can't interact with it at all. The "move here" option in the map works but my character zooms along while not moving his legs. It says I am logged into "Account(Joe(joe_char))" where it normally says character name and shard, if that matters.

How do I regain control of my character?

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 04:52:40 AM »
Redownload 6.7 and use that version.  Version 7.X is still very buggy. I still can't play with it.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Tags: