Author Topic: A vendor search script idea, is this possible(or already done)?  (Read 2997 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
A vendor search script idea, is this possible(or already done)?
« on: October 16, 2016, 05:01:28 AM »
One of the most tiresome things I find about selling items on vendors is having to pull up the vendor search out of a gump and manually type what I am looking for, and then waiting for what feels like an eternity on every search. I suppose the wow search addons have spoiled me but if I want to search I'd rather click on the item itself and click search, or some variation of that.

In WoW you just drag the item to the auction house window and it will price an item competitively based on the current price of other items currently on the auction house. Likewise you can drag and drop an item and have all the results grouped to show you the lowest price available.

In UO I'd settle for an easy way to get the search function to get going on a price search. I really don't see why you have to type anything at all. Is it possible for a search script to let me click on a search button, target the item I want to look up and have the vendor search go from there, no typing required?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: A vendor search script idea, is this possible(or already done)?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 12:09:25 PM »
nice idea...  shouldnt be too hard...  I did a script once that performed multiple searches for given item strings...  So very doable just gump open and wait stuff
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 01:02:37 PM »
I seen a script for a Luna vendor search.  It on a rail

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 05:08:30 AM »
Lets say you have 200 different items you want to put on your vendors. You are standing in front of your vendor with your bag full but you want to confirm current prices so you do a vendor search. Open the gump, type in enough to find the item(s) and wait. After 200 items the process is tedious, at best.

Now lets say you can instead, with the help of a script, just click on a menu button to "find price" and then target the item you want the price for... and voila. The script deals with the vendor search. In WoW the addon records all prices and auto prices stuff but in UO I think that would be a stretch, just having the script tell you what the lowest priced item is currently selling for(or even just leave the results window open) so that I can drop my item on the vendor.

The in game vendor search has some little nuances I find very annoying when I have a lot of things to price. If the VS is open and you want to type in some words but instead hover over the item to make sure the spelling is right the search box no longer has focus on the text input box so you have to click it again, every time you move the mouse away.

Point, click, this item is currently selling for as little as $$$. No typing required!  ;)

If it can be done but hasn't been done yet I'll work on it, but if it has or something similar exists can someone point me in the right direction? I search but didn't find yet I know it exists in some form not from scratch.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 05:39:03 AM »
You will need a driven editable menu that look similar to search and fill in info and let the script do the click it for you.   If you are looking for the same object u can have default setting.  Going to stop because I'm talking crazy here :)_    Will be nice.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 11:25:23 AM »
Gemviper... that should be very easy.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: