Author Topic: Hello and Thank you  (Read 1182 times)

Offline sparkyjdmTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • sparkyjdm has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello and Thank you
« on: September 09, 2019, 09:27:34 AM »
Hello there everyone,

I'm returning to UO after several years away. Call it a midlife crisis, a need to reconnect with my past, or maybe I just enjoy my wife having something new to complain about. As I was reintroducing myself to my fond memories of UO, I fondly remembered I automated some of the many clicks required to play the game. Now, it's been a few years and a couple computers ago last I played. Honestly my mind is not quite as sharp as it once was (I'm blaming my daughter for that). So, for the life of me I just could not remember the program I used to help me accomplish my tasks... so straight to Stratics I went, I knew there would be someone there complaining!

Low and behold, within five minutes, there was my answer - "****UO" appeared in a thread complaining about cheating. OK, now to try to remember what the **** letters would have been (again maybe I don't remember as well as I should). Hmm.. google has the answers, so I come across ScriptUO. Well that's a logical suggestion. I arrived here at the site and try countless times to remember my old username, pw.. holy smoke, what email would I have used?? OK, nothing.. time for a new account.

Now, that I'm here and have looked around a little, I realize this is not the site I was familiar with. This site did however provide the answer I was originally after. The OEUO board finally jogged my memory. It was the EasyUO site I was originally after. No wonder my old combinations of usernames, pw, and emails did not work. So I'm not and old member that forgot his PW after all I'm ACTUALLY new here! I hope you'll have me.

Now about me, I'm a 40 something that used to play D&D (old school, with dice and paper). I played UO up until about the time Stygian Abyss came about. Not quite from the beginning though.. I probably played 3 or 4 years. I did my stint playing WOW, have ventured into the free flash player browser based games as of late. In my secret professional life, I work in construction as an electrician (hence the name sparky). Hmm.. think that's about it for me. Again thank you all for what you do here, I'll be reading up on the boards to try to catch up. Will do my absolute best to keep the Noob questions to a minimum.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hello and Thank you
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 12:13:05 PM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hello and Thank you
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 02:46:46 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: