Author Topic: Running Out of Browsers  (Read 4487 times)

Offline CityKittyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • CityKitty has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Running Out of Browsers
« on: March 06, 2021, 10:01:20 AM »
Hey guys, same old banning error again on login. I keep trying to use a new browser to get back in but it looks like it gets locked out eventually. I've cleared the cache, disabled all addons and such but nothing works. I really need to find a fix because this is one of my favorite sites. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 10:03:45 AM by CityKitty »
If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Running Out of Browsers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 10:28:26 AM »
Hey CityKitty,

I looked at your IP address and you've really only logged in from one.  I double-checked to make sure you weren't in a IP ban block, and you're free and clear.  So I'm not exactly sure what could be blocking your. Can you refresh my memory on what browser and computer type you are using? 

EDIT:
I actually found a block of IPs that might be impeding you.  Give it a try now.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 10:36:43 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline CityKittyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • CityKitty has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 11:16:12 AM »
Looks like you fixed it! I wasn't able to get in with this browser when I tried earlier. I use Brave and Chrome. I'll try the chrome in a minute.

Thanks so much for fixing this so quickly! I felt like a real fish out of water.
If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 01:19:17 PM »
Looks like you fixed it! I wasn't able to get in with this browser when I tried earlier. I use Brave and Chrome. I'll try the chrome in a minute.

Thanks so much for fixing this so quickly! I felt like a real fish out of water.

It was extra hidden, but I finally found it.  Sorry about the inconvenience.  You can blame an extra bad spammer for forcing that IP ban that you were associated with.  Back in the day I didn't normally block a chunk that large, but I did want to be sure.  Sort of like trying to kill a particularly annoying cockroach with a thermonuclear device.  Effective, but includes some unintended consequences.
Cheers,
TM
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: