Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Lightning Lockpicking Trainer  (Read 36007 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: XIIxOveR's Lightning Lockpicking Trainer
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2014, 11:46:09 AM »
+1
Cool, just switched my fighter over to a mage yesterday. Going to go ahead and run lockpicking tonight after dinner depending on how many resources I have for getting the right tinkering levels.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Grandewd

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Grandewd has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2014, 11:54:15 AM »
+1
Cool, just switched my fighter over to a mage yesterday. Going to go ahead and run lockpicking tonight after dinner depending on how many resources I have for getting the right tinkering levels.

Oh, and see if your char times out because of "inactivity".  I ended up switching out opening backpack to triggering a hide every 3 mins on Siege (since the timer is 12mins from 90 to 100)...

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2014, 11:58:34 AM »
+1

Oh, and see if your char times out because of "inactivity".  I ended up switching out opening backpack to triggering a hide every 3 mins on Siege (since the timer is 12mins from 90 to 100)...
It's actually set to open your backpack every minute or so while waiting, is that not working? LOL, I guess I'll find out.

Offline Grandewd

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2014, 12:15:06 PM »
+1

It's actually set to open your backpack every minute or so while waiting, is that not working? LOL, I guess I'll find out.

Yes, but if you're doing this in your secluded home with little "outside" activity (ie not sitting at luna bank) then UO's "inactivity" code kicks in and opening a backpack isn't sufficient apparently.  I changed it to hiding every couple of mins and I don't timeout any more...

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 06:15:17 PM »
+1
you can also do things like turn left and right.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 06:30:56 PM »
+1
I swear the backpack used to work but I'll definitely update to do something different.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2014, 06:37:00 PM »
+1
I trained many guys up to 120 on Siege in my castle doing all sorts of skills using the open backpack method every 2 or 3 mins  during my 15 min waits - so unless something has really changed or there is a coding error I would try it again Gran.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2014, 06:56:57 PM »
+1
Gim was just reminding everyone that he's got a castle on Siege.  Pass it on.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Grandewd

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2014, 11:56:43 PM »
+1
Dunno for sure... All I can tell you is that I timed out twice for inactivity before I switched to hiding....  I'm convinced it depends on how much player/mob activity is in your area.  I could probably sit at luna bank for 1/2 hr...  ;)

Gim was just reminding everyone that he's got a castle on Siege.  Pass it on.  ;)
Oh yea, and I had one on Pacific till I got bored and went to Siege last summer.... Sold it a month or so ago.  After 14yrs on Pac, Siege is home now.

Tell me about Rift, TM....
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:08:00 AM by Grandewd »

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2014, 08:20:30 AM »
+1

I won't hijack 12Xs thread, but I do still play.  I'm not playing much of anything these days though.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2014, 12:42:31 PM »
+1

I won't hijack 12Xs thread, but I do still play.  I'm not playing much of anything these days though.

HIJACK COMPLETE!
TM - How's the arm?

Online Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2014, 05:41:02 PM »
+1

HIJACK COMPLETE!
TM - How's the arm?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Offline tehmt

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • tehmt has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2014, 02:37:04 PM »
+1
...TYVM! just started it, from 30 to 44 in like 10 mins so far...

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2014, 04:04:57 AM »
+1
Bought up skill from thief guildmaster (New Haven) and then trained lockpicking to 95 flawlessly.
Would like to give some statistics but lost track of the total time. Used 2.524 lockpicks.

Thanks XII :)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2014, 09:12:54 AM »
+1
Did they ever make the trek from 95 to 100 lockpicking any easier, or is that still just a giant PITA?
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: