Author Topic: EUO to AIM/ICQ/etc  (Read 3771 times)

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +304
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
EUO to AIM/ICQ/etc
« on: July 13, 2009, 07:56:39 PM »
So, I had an idea today (probably not the first to have this idea). I have a Palm Treo 700wx and receive both emails AND IM's (AIM, ICQ, pretty much anything, but mainly AIM) on my phone. I am trying to think of a good method to send messages through AIM from EUO. I know we have the wonderful "send" command in EUO, and I'm guess there must be a way to set up some kind of server/website that you could use the Send command to send an IM to your AIM screen name. I'm not sure how many of you have used the Send command before (kind of a unique command), but anyone that has or has thought of something similar to this, please post any feedback about what you think would be required if it's even at all plausible!!

Thanks!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +3056
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: EUO to AIM/ICQ/etc
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 08:05:41 PM »
Probably would be pretty easy to do something like this.  I've already written quite a few .NET apps to take output from EUO, and export it to various locations. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 09:03:34 PM »
I'd be very interested to see what you have. I am currently exploring other ways (such as running a .bat file) that can shutdown EUO, but I still need a method to send this command.

Let me give you a brief overview of my ultimate goals for this:
#1. EUO constantly scanning the journal for any "you_see:" in your journal.
#2. When it see someone/something, it would send you a message (via IM preferably, if not by email)
#3. You can read the message to see what came on your screen. If it's something you care about you could:
-----A) Send a command back to terminate EUO
-----B) Send a command back to terminate EUO AND all your clients! (or some combination thereof)

Now, I have already found a program (Command Line Process Viewer/Killer/Suspender for Windows NT/2000/XP V2.01) that allows you to terminate processes as gracefully as possible by sending commands such as:
Code: [Select]
start c:\process.exe -q euox.exe to terminate EUO. (The -q attempts to close it properly as if you simply click the X to close the program, but if a message such as a Save dialog pops up, it will wait 60 seconds, then Hard-Terminate the program as if you used the End Program command in the task manager). This is a great way to close both EasyUO and any clients using a simple .bat file!

My issue is how to get the messages from EUO and what method to send a command back to the computer. I've thought of some possible ways to send BACK to the computer
#1. Listen on a port for something and have a program that monitors that port. Any traffic on that port would run the .bat file
#2. Use Microsoft Outlook's Action capabilities to execute a program (Con: Person must have MS Outlook, haven't found a way to do it with Thunderbird yet)
#3. Use some kind of webserver that could relay commands to a computer somehow??

So....if I'm scripting afk and see someone who might page on me run by, I can send a command to my computer to terminate EUO and any clients I'm running! That's the most concise explanation I can give!

I've attached a .rar file with both the process.exe which is the Command Line Process utility as well as a sample .bat file called terminate.bat that would close any instance of euox.exe and client.exe that is currently running! You can play around with them if you like!

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
terminator.rar
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 09:06:26 PM by UOMaddog »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 09:24:36 PM »
One of the applications I wrote is something that monitors the registry entries coming from UO (i.e. the *vars).  With this, I could take a bunch of information from a script.  All you'd have to do is run this app looking for a command coming from UO, and pull the plug.

Only problem is what I did with that code.  That was from an old VBasic program, and that was a couple computers ago before I was religiously using SVN.  However, it was like 10 lines of code so it would be pretty easy to resurrect.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 10:12:00 PM »
I looked quickly for an AIM/Yahoo/etc command line proggy, and there are a few of them out there.  So you can just transfer information from the EUO script pretty easy to said program.  Nothing looks very spiffy however, so I'm not sure how good they will be. 
Come play RIFT with me!

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 10:27:11 PM »
what programs did you find? send me some links or post them here if you have them and I'll take a look!

Scrripty

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 04:56:27 AM »
Not sure if this would be of interest or not, but check it out...?

http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=176077&sid=4b3f3ae5ddf912767f1221147547695f

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 11:03:24 PM »
I'm gonna play around with that and see what I can get up and running, unfortunately, I don't have a good website to upload php stuff to (just have my free Google Sites website). So I'll have to play around with it. Maybe TM can mess around with it and host is on scriptuo server so that we can all use/access it in some way? I'll have to play around with more things to see what we can figure out!!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 11:09:53 PM »
The last time I messed around with hosted accounts like this one (Hypermart was the last), I found the performance was horrible when trying to upload information to.  I'm not sure if Hostgator (this host) would be any better.  Couldn't be worse, that's for sure!  lol.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline xenoglyph

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xenoglyph is looked down upon.
  • Respect: +21
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 03:58:32 AM »
i use Miranda IM for my messaging.  there's a command line interface that should work, but i haven't actually tested it:
http://www.eblis.tla.ro/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=26

Miranda supports many different IM protocols
UO Machine, advanced scripting for UO.

Are you prepared to die for your beliefs or just to dye your hair?

Offline madatu

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • madatu has no influence.
  • Respect: +39
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 07:18:55 AM »
i love this page for all the nice boobies !!!!!!!!!!!! you guys rock !!!!!!!!!! TM your has always been nice boingy boingy - but MADDOGS is SWEET also !! Real versus fake  ;) :D ;D :o :o :-X
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 07:20:50 AM by madatu »

Tags: