Ultima Online Fan Board > General UO Chat

Best way to train magery on pets.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Scrripty:

--- Quote from: _C2_ on November 05, 2009, 11:05:18 AM ---k so that is what i was starting to think.. put soem space between them and make them only have casting coice.  thx for confirmation.  i think i will try boats

--- End quote ---

You could also discord them so they go up faster.... ;)

Oracle:
I like to train most of my skills on a Pet with a Shadow Elemental, that I have dug up.  This trains most of the skills, including Magery. The Shadow Elemental takes virtually no damage and stays active as long as the Pet is logged in.  

To train Resist, take your Pet to Felucca in an unpopulated, secluded area and have a Mage with 0 (Zero) Evaluate Intelligence cast Energy Fields, as many in a line as possible.  Have your Pet walk through the energy fields, over and over again.  Keep having your friend cast the Energy Fields and in less than an hour, the resist will go from 50 to 100/GM in no time.  Keep going if your Pet can have higher resists, like a Greater Dragon.  You also cannot be "in a Guild" at the time you are doing this.

If you want to just train Magery, there is a way that takes a little bit of patience, but it is worth it.  Go to where the swoops spawn. Wait (or force) until a Swoop lands on the Rocks and then have your Pet attack it.  It will only be able to cast spells on the Swoop as it can't reach it.  (this way works if you can't customize a house like Cerveza was explaining).

cgeorgemo:

--- Quote from: Oracle on November 05, 2009, 11:25:33 AM ---
If you want to just train Magery, there is a way that takes a little bit of patience, but it is worth it.  Go to where the swoops spawn. Wait (or force) until a Swoop lands on the Rocks and then have your Pet attack it.  It will only be able to cast spells on the Swoop as it can't reach it.  (this way works if you can't customize a house like Cerveza was explaining).

--- End quote ---
You can usually catch a changeling or a Cu-Sidhe in the passage above the quicksand area easier than catching Swoop on the rocks.

Oracle:

--- Quote from: cgeorgemo on November 05, 2009, 11:42:53 AM ---You can usually catch a changeling or a Cu-Sidhe in the passage above the quicksand area easier than catching Swoop on the rocks.

--- End quote ---

Very true, better method!  Sometimes I think my toon is "silly" and just likes to chase that bird around with his 'Greater Dragon' in tow...

_C2_:
shadows are great for melle and poor for magery.  resist i always weaken spam and better yet if it is a mount i cast with on my mount while i am mounted.  that was the first thing gm'd while training melle

Magery is flying now.  i stuck a cu on a boat and am healing it while i attack it from island.  it is constant casting which was the goal.  thx for all the input everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version