Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.29 with Advanced CLAw support  (Read 425081 times)

Offline ZigZagZebra

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ZigZagZebra has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.29 with Advanced CLAw support
« Reply #960 on: January 27, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »
Has anyone figured out how to fix the issue regarding the error  tool_railengine30k.txt not found and no default config for char? Cant find a fix in the threads. This is not a message for TM as i know he is tired of these and he has better things to do on here like run a website :)

I know you mentioned you had ran this before with no issues, but are you using a different UO character, CPU or have you changed your EUO directories at all since then?

You should be able to correct the no default config for char error by going through the setup routine and saving.This just means the persistent variables are not found in your registry.

Two stupid questions coming here, just a heads up:

But have you actually downloaded the tool_railengine30k.txt separately? 
It can be found as an attachment at the thread http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php/index.php?topic=16.0

And if you have, have you made sure its in the directory you have your EUO.exe?

Typically I run into 'rail error occured' with this script and a separate hw_trinket blah blah is out of range. That can happen if there is a lag spike and the recall to the heartwood portal didn't happen. This doesn't sound like what's happening to you.

Offline ZigZagZebra

• Activity:
    0%
  • ZigZagZebra has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 08, 2015, 05:10:04 PM »
A couple of things I've noticed which derail the script are when the quest gumps (accepting and turning in) somehow stray off-screen. I've played around with some fixes and a subroutine I added which I call after every call to gumpandsizewait where the generic gump corresponds to a quest gump.

Code: [Select]
sub PositionGump
 if #CONTSIZE = 262_324
    click #Contposx #contposy r
 if #CONTSIZE = 507_496
 {
  contpos 243 31
 }
 return

Just figured I'd share it in case anyone is having a similiar issue. You can play with the coordinates where the contpos event places the gump if its different for your monitor, just be sure its uncovered with backpacks, etc. so that the ocr can do its job!

Now I'm just thinking of how to fix two more issues:

recalling to heartwood fails and rail error is encountered - my thought is to attempt recall again, scan for journal something_is_blocking and attempt to go to fel heartwood location set at another runebook location. I used to use the fel location consistently, but the new VvV blocks recalling into Yew when it is active.

turn-in gets stuck because not all of the stools/bows are selected - I think this must be due to a lag spike where the item isn't selected and the mark subroutine succeeds at the ignoreitem event, thereby effectively iterating through all quest items but not selecting some of them. One way I can think to do this is set a timeout during the finish quest loop where it closes the gump which reads "I will be in debt if you bring me ..." I've found manually doing this will throw it through the mark routine again and complete the quest.

Stay tuned!

Offline coxalex

• Activity:
    0%
  • coxalex has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 21, 2015, 07:06:24 PM »
***MIGHT OF WRITTEN IN WRONG POST FOR MADE A COPY HERE IF IT WAS THE CORRECT ONE TO POST****

Hello Guys,  Wink   (AT THE DISCRETION OF SITE ADMIN TO BE DELETED/EDITED IF THOUGHT NEEDED, Although please let me know)

I have been looking at this quest now for weeks maybe even a few months. I know I am rather new to the community, And have made my introduction in the desired page and hope some have had a good laugh, But I dont know if I have still qualified to get a reply and help setting this script up properly.
I think I have all the necessary files but I seem to be getting confused on what order I should be running them, if there is an order to run them.....
Most scripts that I have tried have been rather straightforward newbie ones and easy to set up, but this one seems to be a fighter and doesnt want to give in to me. I know a tiny little bit about scripts but this one is just winning me, unless I am doing something absolutely stupid and not noticing it.
I know this is one of the most valued and cared after scripts in all the community, so I am not asking for a full detailed explanation here unless its allowed to by the admins ( Dont want to get anyone in trouble), as I know that this post is valued and not for everyone straight away to see to avoid getting it abused by wrong people, But could someone please I beg Tongue, in your time, please write a ''small up-to-date guide'' or ''guideline protocols'' to follow to make the script work and maybe send me it via Private message or write on forum if deemed correct by the admins.
I don't want to go into full detail about it in case I say something I am not supposed to, but the recall runes 1,2,3 are set up as they should be named, the secure container at the house I am guessing has to have just the fletcher tools/wood inside needed. I do have bonded betle but I am guessing a rail/setup config for it will have to be set up that I havnt got round to it yet. Just want the basics first then we can work on adding more knowledge and more info to make the system run smoother.

These is the list of files I currently: (Please advise if I am missing a file.... just hope not so, tried to thoroughly read all the pages without getting confused)

hw_bowcraft
hw_trinket
sampleclawsetup
SUOHWQuester129
tm_advclawfull780 (I think this is the latest version?)
tool_railengine30k
AND All these files are in the same directory as my EASYUO and OpenEUO executables

Thanks for you time for reading this post message and please keep the great work up.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 22, 2015, 05:57:37 PM »
***MIGHT OF WRITTEN IN WRONG POST FOR MADE A COPY HERE IF IT WAS THE CORRECT ONE TO POST****

Hello Guys,  Wink   (AT THE DISCRETION OF SITE ADMIN TO BE DELETED/EDITED IF THOUGHT NEEDED, Although please let me know)

I have been looking at this quest now for weeks maybe even a few months. I know I am rather new to the community, And have made my introduction in the desired page and hope some have had a good laugh, But I dont know if I have still qualified to get a reply and help setting this script up properly.
I think I have all the necessary files but I seem to be getting confused on what order I should be running them, if there is an order to run them.....
Most scripts that I have tried have been rather straightforward newbie ones and easy to set up, but this one seems to be a fighter and doesnt want to give in to me. I know a tiny little bit about scripts but this one is just winning me, unless I am doing something absolutely stupid and not noticing it.
I know this is one of the most valued and cared after scripts in all the community, so I am not asking for a full detailed explanation here unless its allowed to by the admins ( Dont want to get anyone in trouble), as I know that this post is valued and not for everyone straight away to see to avoid getting it abused by wrong people, But could someone please I beg Tongue, in your time, please write a ''small up-to-date guide'' or ''guideline protocols'' to follow to make the script work and maybe send me it via Private message or write on forum if deemed correct by the admins.
I don't want to go into full detail about it in case I say something I am not supposed to, but the recall runes 1,2,3 are set up as they should be named, the secure container at the house I am guessing has to have just the fletcher tools/wood inside needed. I do have bonded betle but I am guessing a rail/setup config for it will have to be set up that I havnt got round to it yet. Just want the basics first then we can work on adding more knowledge and more info to make the system run smoother.

These is the list of files I currently: (Please advise if I am missing a file.... just hope not so, tried to thoroughly read all the pages without getting confused)

hw_bowcraft
hw_trinket
sampleclawsetup
SUOHWQuester129
tm_advclawfull780 (I think this is the latest version?)
tool_railengine30k
AND All these files are in the same directory as my EASYUO and OpenEUO executables

Thanks for you time for reading this post message and please keep the great work up.

Just open and run SUOHWQuester129. Keep all the other files as you have them; in same folder as EUO. You can delete the sampleclawsetup if you want. It's just an example that's not required to run the script.

After starting the script, enter the applicable info. After that follow any prompts and then don't touch it after it's going.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 02, 2015, 06:40:06 AM »
Wow, feel like a real moron but I am stumped. I have run this in the past many times with no issues but now I have one and I think it is the dreaded......wait for it.....wait for it......windows 8 issue.

Since switching over to win8 last year I have had no issues running scripts before now. I open the claw and load the sample script with what to keep (I know I don't need to use that as I can make my own list up but it is a good list and I am being lazy here.) I then start the HWQuester and run the guided setup which worked great. Now is when the problems start, if I click save, nothing happens and then the pointer goes up to the top left corner and every time I move it, it goes back. I closed out and ran it all again and hit start but the same thing happened. I was already running EUO and UO as admin so I took advice and tried changing it to run as compatible with win7 and same issue, winXP SP3, same issue and CLAW would get an error trying to load saved loot setup. So now I am stumped.

I have found a work around however!!

Common sense (yeah I know, I probably don't have any and just got lucky) told me that the issue seems to be with saving or running the set up. I remove the run as compatible since I had no issues before and start looking through the script. I am looking for the saved id's which I found here:
sub LoadSetup
  gosub TM_GetPersistantVariable CONFIGURED
  if #RESULT <> #TRUE
  {
    display ok No default configuration found for this character.
    return #FALSE
  }

gosub TM_GetPersistantVariable quest_type
  menu combo select EUOComboBoxQuest #RESULT
  if #RESULT = 1
    set %quest_type FLETCHING
  if #RESULT = 2
    set %quest_type CARPENTRY

gosub TM_GetPersistantVariable secure
  set %secure #RESULT
  gosub TM_GetPersistantVariable lootstorebag
  set %lootstorebag #RESULT
  gosub TM_GetPersistantVariable lootstorebag_bank
  set %lootstorebag_bank #RESULT
  gosub TM_GetPersistantVariable lootbag
  set %lootbag #RESULT
  gosub TM_GetPersistantVariable runebook
  set %runebook #RESULT
  gosub TM_GetPersistantVariable beetle
  set %beetle #RESULT
  gosub TM_GetPersistantVariable beetlepack
  set %beetlepack #RESULT

So I replace #RESULT with the id number and BOOM, it runs great!!  I hope this helps anyone else with win8 who is having issues running this script of pure awesomeness!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 02, 2015, 06:47:45 AM »
Nice workaround Crisis!

+1

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 03, 2015, 04:08:51 AM »
Nice one,  Let all wait for Win10 now :)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #967 on: April 03, 2015, 09:03:44 AM »
Nice one,  Let all wait for Win10 now :)

My guess is that scripts like this will just make Win10 drool while it tries to sit and eat cheereos.  Thankfully Win10 will come with a bib with clowns on it to mitigate the mess.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline kdzhii

• Activity:
    0%
  • kdzhii has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 13, 2015, 12:37:19 AM »
cool script!
only i`m running in an error when i run out of fletcher tools. Says No more tinker tools in beetle backpack and no ingots to make more, altough i have 2 in backpack and it doesn`t take ingots with me when doing the secure bag all thing ..
can help anyone ?

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 13, 2015, 03:04:10 AM »
Freeshard? Make sure that the %tinkertools id in game matches the one set on the script

Here are the id's from the script
set %tinktools GTL_JTL_

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #970 on: May 13, 2015, 09:00:45 AM »
Be sure to put a bunch of ingots in your main pack as well.  I take like 500 with me.  That lasts for hours!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 31, 2015, 05:26:58 AM »
Does someone try to change/mod so it use the quest option items.   That could save some step. 

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #972 on: May 31, 2015, 09:39:48 AM »
Does someone try to change/mod so it use the quest option items.   That could save some step. 

Very easy addition.  I have that in the 2.0 quester.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 31, 2015, 01:58:45 PM »
So here my stupid question.    Would it be possible to get a copy or it private.  Thx

Offline valen

• Activity:
    0%
  • valen has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 01, 2015, 11:41:33 PM »
It seems i cannot get this script to run right. i have plenty of everything in bank. but when i try to run it it never takes the boards out of the bank and puts them in the beetle or tries to start a quest. am i missing something? ive looked at the script while its at that point and to my eyes it seems right.