Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Halberds from Covetous  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    1%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
[UO Herald News] Halberds from Covetous
« on: May 22, 2012, 08:51:01 AM »
Halberds from Covetous

The revamp of Covetous introduced with Publish 76 came with a small bug. If you happen to find etheral halberds please don't consider yourself too lucky, because you are not supposed to get them and we'll remove all of them in an upcoming fix.

http://www.uoherald.com/node/598

Offline gimmeAlighter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gimmeAlighter has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Halberds from Covetous
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 09:52:10 AM »
I read this over at UOGuide this morning, didn't this patch get tested for close to a month?  And the ethereal halbred issue never came up?

That's all that came to my mind about this.  TC1 then Origin, and its just now an issue once it goes Production? 

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 11:48:37 AM »
Must find a way to hide/keep an ethy halbred!

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 12:58:14 PM »
Maybe dye it and then later bleach it or how ever thats done? have a mannequin hold it? put one in the bank?  Have a vendor hold it? have a vendor selling it for way too much so no one buys it? Lcok it down so that it falls through the floor. (can that still happen?)   Also how do I get one of these anyways?  Put it in a bank on a ton and then suspend the account? Sell it to a vendor and hope no one buys it and then buy it back all of this done the day they try to fix the issue?

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 02:00:32 PM »
We need to know how they are obtained before we can speculate on how to keep one.  

I've not played the new Pub 76 areas yet, but offhand I'd guess it is a trick similar to the Neira blood-red scimitar method:  Disarm the monster, kill it, take the weapon from its pack.

Someone ought to throw this at Newsman or Gimlet as our official bug-type people.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 02:17:53 PM »
No Clue as yet!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 03:20:52 AM »
Removing them would be quite easy in their current state. In Runuo as example they are only a class to compile. If you compile without file, server ask you to autoremove any of those objects. Okay Osi is not runuo, but iam pretty sure they have same chance. So as long as you dont find a way to keep the color(Smelting maybe?) you are rather unlucky. Hope they make a fail and produce ethereal cloth items who can be cutted ;)

Tags: