Author Topic: ENs - Character ToolBox (Multi Shard/Account)  (Read 141645 times)

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: ENs - Character ToolBox (Multi Shard/Account)
« Reply #255 on: October 28, 2019, 08:26:37 AM »
I have been keeping a side documentation file for various additions. The documentation is locked down and the persons with access to change it are not active. I offered once to maintain it, but never received a response.
You have used the event statbar and discovered the mastery macros. The new menu commands need documentation. We put lots of examples when that was added but it is not in the docs.
There is also the ignorecont command that was recently discussed in this thread.

There may be some others, but that is all I have found that I keep a file on.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2019, 01:32:08 PM »
I have been keeping a side documentation file for various additions. The documentation is locked down and the persons with access to change it are not active. I offered once to maintain it, but never received a response.
You have used the event statbar and discovered the mastery macros. The new menu commands need documentation. We put lots of examples when that was added but it is not in the docs.
There is also the ignorecont command that was recently discussed in this thread.

There may be some others, but that is all I have found that I keep a file on.

Gaderian

I once had access to modify the wiki and i updated alot of stuff in years past.  At some point my username got purged, deleted or other who knows.  I tried unsuccessfully to get access again, that was years ago.   

What are the new menu commands...    (I will be posting a new set of gump subs soon if interested).

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 28, 2019, 02:00:58 PM »
The menu code was revamped about 2 years ago. I have a personal document to show how to call all the parameters. If I had access to the wiki to update it, I would change the relevant parts and include new examples for each in a simple way.

I am attaching the basic command syntax.

Essentially there is no longer a limit to a single menu. The old menu system is mapped to "form0" (by internal name) and most of the old commands still work (like setting window transparency; which doesn't work for the auxiliary menu forms), but there are slight changes.
menu image pixline (gone)
menu shape (limited: can do basic shapes, but no "effects" - there are no rounded corners, no dashed lines (I created work around methods for dashed lines)).
colors are now hexadecimal values (which I have a remap routine) - only a few named colors work out of the original selections.
menu widgets *must* have a unique name now (in the past you could have all your labels with the same name; now the menu will not work).

Cheffe, posted a nice step by step walk through of most commands. I played with it further to test the other settings, and I really like it.

Something that is needed, IMO, is a translation routine to remap old commands into the new format. I have been toying with creating a process for that. If nothing else, then a sort of "Rosetta Stone" to show how to do the old commands with new code examples. To date there are a few converted menu snippets floating around, but it can do so much more than mimic the original menu system.

Most of the old functions are there:
menu form (was menu window)
button
text
edit
listbox
combobox
checkbox
Additionally, there are:
multiple forms (can have several windows defined at the same time... it is no longer limited to a single menu)
panel (a widget that holds a group of widgets). Panels can be used for aesthetics, or for functionally grouping widgets.
radio buttons
Each widget has properties that can be changed on the fly using:
menu setprop [unique widget name] [property value pair]
You can move an item from one menu to another dynamically by using "menu setprop [widget name] parent [other widget name]".
There is a "namespace" element to menu defaults - to protect what you write from taking over a parallel process (parent/child menu in a called library - for instance) (menu pushdef/menu popdef)

So you can have multiple forms (old system allows a single menu), and all items can be set to be visible or not individually.
A form can have a cluster of widgets in a panel. The panel can be moved between forms by changing it's parent.
Defaults for fonts and colors can be inherited. There are a few things where the default can't be inherited, so you must set the property for that widget after it's creation (think initial window... it can't inherit a background color, so you must set the background color after it is created).
There are working radio buttons (same as a combo box, but visually different). The related group of radio buttons are in a panel.

I am attaching the basic syntax listing for most of the commands - I probably have overlooked something in my organization of the material.

Gaderian

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
menu_documentation.txt
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 03:55:36 PM by Gaderian »

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gruntman has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 28, 2019, 06:42:32 PM »
Figured out that my issue only happens when the character is not in an inn. It only bobbles when the toon does not log out right away and needs to time out.

also new version does not ever actually get the toon to log in...it starts then immediately logs out.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 07:00:56 PM by gruntman »

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 29, 2019, 07:14:13 AM »
Figured out that my issue only happens when the character is not in an inn. It only bobbles when the toon does not log out right away and needs to time out.

also new version does not ever actually get the toon to log in...it starts then immediately logs out.

Im confused as to what your issue is/was.   Is it resolved ?
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 29, 2019, 12:34:31 PM »
Thx for the fixes everyone!
 I am having an issue and cannot seem to figure out how to fix it.
when i have it cycle through my accounts it will get into the second account and then it bugs out (different spot every time) and starts to type the password into the account line and then it goofs up....i cannot figure out why it is doing this. anyone have a suggestion or even a fix?

EN - this is the issue i mentioned on october 6th - i just realized that the issue occurs when the script logs into a character that is not at a safe logout location, it gets hung up and never recovers.  Also your new version does not log into any toons for me whatsoever.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 29, 2019, 12:53:43 PM »
It describes the behavior that I have seen. When a character is not in a safe instant logout location, then the next time a character tries to login-it fails.

The script should do a 5 minute timeout wait, then try to login with the last character that failed. While it does that 5 minute count down, it seems to skip this failed character and go on to the next.

My solution is to logout manually my wandering characters.

Gaderian
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 11:07:16 PM by Gaderian »

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 29, 2019, 03:10:44 PM »
thank you Gaderian!! I though there might be a fix to it - i will just manually fix it - thanks again

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2019, 03:12:59 PM »
Stop over complicate think.   Don use the skill camping to log out in the wood.  Use the comfort of the Inn under the protection of guard.
 As I bonus, the script will work properly.  :)

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2019, 03:45:47 PM »
It describes the behavior that I have seen. When a character is not in a safe instant logout location, then the next time a character tries to login-it fails.

The script should do a 5 minute timeout wait, then try to login with the last character that failed. While it does that 5 minute count down, it seems to skip this failed character and go on to the next.

My solution is to logout manually my wandering characters.

Gaderian

Umm are you doing a single shard at a time.   I purposefully made the script do char 1 on shard 1 then char 1 on shard 2... etc  So that even if you have a char in an invalid insta logout out place by the time you loop back around for char 2... 5 mins have probably passed.

That said when I get a chance I will take another look at this and maybe set some timers like has been suggested.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2019, 04:57:47 PM »
There is already some kind of timer if a login fails. I do not think it successfully logs in again after the failed attempt. That is part of the reporting errors (version 6.03 and prior reported a false record where the character name is N/A, but everything else is the skills and stats for the previously successful character to login). My recommendation was to not report this false record.

I am not convinced it needs a lot of effort, because of how infrequently this gets used - like you have said. I would be extremely happy if it had a simple menu with a listbox to report the account number and character slot number that failed to login during the passes. Then I can do those manually. Knowing I need to go login with account1, on shard-A, character slot 4 - would be lovely.  ;)

As I stated earlier, I consider it my own fault when I leave a character off in the wild rather than in a safe logout location. It is not the fault of this very useful script.

Gaderian

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 31, 2019, 10:25:25 AM »
Version  7.00

Major update:
-  Added Crash Resume Menu option (crash recovery).  The menu option Crash Recovery will start the script at the last successful character login point.  It does this by recording the option chosen, gift pickup, inventory etc and the character account shard script is on into a file (defined in script header default: C:\UOCharToolBox-Resume.txt)

Notes:
- for things like inventory character, the notes it already generated when crash happened will not be saved, this will be fixed in a future update.
- If you edit the values in the resume file you can make the script start on any shard, account, character combination you wish.

Minor updates:
 - new gump values
 - Removal of dependency on #contkind for all gumps when character loggedin  ie generic gumps and yesno, paperdoll status etc
 - Added ability to close script by clicking X menu button on main screen.

Enjoy..
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 10:29:31 AM by Endless Night »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 31, 2019, 11:38:03 AM »
nice!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 31, 2019, 12:12:44 PM »
nice!

Yea this should fix the issue of you running it overnight and not knowing how far it got.  This way can just start it again choose resume and it will pickup where it got to.   So can run it with 10 accounts and no worries might take a few restarts but you will get their in the end.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2019, 01:36:16 PM »
opps theirs an error in the code that makes script not rotate all the characters correctly..., will fix tomorrow .. happy Halloween everyone.

Tags: