Author Topic: Need pathfinding help!  (Read 2234 times)

Offline razeialTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • razeial has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Need pathfinding help!
« on: August 08, 2012, 01:31:53 PM »
Removed by request
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:09:03 PM by razeial »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Need pathfinding help!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 01:55:49 PM »
Are you walking or running when you record the rail?  you should always walk when you record, otherwise you'll get x,y,z values that don't match a real-world spot and you'll get that error.

Another key thing is to record your x-y-z locations on one line.  Like:

Code: [Select]

set %xyz #CHARPOSX , _ , #CHARPOSY , _ , #CHARPOSZ

Then when you are playing these spots back, you break this back up using the "_" to find the separation of each of the coords.

Why?  Well the way EUO works is there's a 20ms pause between lines of code if you are running with #LPC of 10 which is default.  So this is really what happens:

Code: [Select]
set %x #CHARPOSX
(wait 20)
set %y #CHARPOSY
(wait 20)
set %z #CHARPOSZ
(wait 20)

You see that in order to record this spot, you've actually had a chance to mess up your coordinates because you've had 60ms elapse.   But if you do it the way I show, all coords are recorded simultaneously from the perspective of your script.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline razeialTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • razeial has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Need pathfinding help!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 02:00:53 PM »
Makes sense. I recorded the rail using RoadKill's Rail Recorder. I would run to one spot, stop, hit record on his script, then run the the next, stop, hit record, etc etc. If I ran that rail in despise with no spawn, it will run perfectly every time, its only when the spawn is actually going that I get the message.

Tags: