Author Topic: Trailmyx's Stats Builder (for STR, DEX, INT)  (Read 46919 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Trailmyx's Stats Builder (for STR, DEX, INT)
« on: March 22, 2009, 11:02:02 PM »
Code: [Select]
;=================================================================
; Script Name: TrailMyx's Stats Builder
; Author: TrailMyx
; Version: 11
; Shard OSI / FS: OSI ONLY!
; Revision Date: 3/22/2009
; Purpose:
;   Utilizes an empty soulstone to quickly raise your STR, DEX, and INT stats.
;
; Requirements:
; 1) 100.0 Arms Lore - Train INT/STR
; 2) 100.0 Item Evaluation - Train INT/DEX
; 3) Empty soulstone and < 26.0 Arms Lore - Train INT/STR
; 4) Empty soulstone and < 26.0 Item Evaluation  - Train INT/DEX
; 5) This script uses OCR when using soulstone training, so you must have your UO screen uncovered
; 6) Soulstone needs to be in your pack.
;
; !!!!  Beware, this script will clear a soulstone of a skill!  Use care to be sure script
; !!!!  does not delete a skill you really need!!!
; Globals:
; Special Thanks:
;   Paulonius - refreshed Disclaimer
;
; Beta testers:
;
;=================================================================
; Disclaimer:  By downloading, copying, running or otherwise using this script, you accept the contents
; of this limited personal use licence agreement.
; This script is only authorized to be distributed on www.scriptuo.com.  If you purchase this script,
; or acquire it from any other source, it is not considered an authorized copy and should be deleted
; immediately. TrailMyx and www.scriptuo.com (Author) provide no warranty for use, function, or safe
; interaction with any software or hardware. User downloads and runs this script at his-her own risk
; User shall hold Author and the distribution site www.scriptuo.com harmless for any loss of
; items, accounts, money, virtual currency or items associated with the use of this script.
; User shall hold the author harmless for any consequences that may result from the use of this script as
; intended.  Furthermore, you promise not to distribute or sell this script to anyone without the express
; permission of the author, Trailmyx.
; Violation of this agreement will result in one or more of the following:
; litigation, www.scriptuo.com account termination, bad karma for your next life, and most definitely
; causing a black mark placed on your soul.
;
; I worked very hard to bring this script to you, so please use it responisibily and
; respectfully.  If you have any questions, please reach me at trailmyx@yahoo.com.
; (c) 2007 TrailMyx, All rights reserved.
;===================================================================

Use this script to quickly setup a characters STR, DEX and INT.  It takes advantage of the two possible cases when a character is most likely to gain a stat point:

1) During an increase in a skill -or-
2) During a successful use of a skill (especially when a skill is 100.0)

This script utilizes a soulstone to "burn-off" the quick gain skill from 0-25.0.  This is the range where you get nearly constant successes in your skillgain, and also you see a high rate of stats increases.

Requirements:

1) 100.0 Arms Lore - Train INT/STR
2) 100.0 Item Evaluation - Train INT/DEX
3) Empty soulstone and < 26.0 Arms Lore - Train INT/STR
4) Empty soulstone and < 26.0 Item Evaluation  - Train INT/DEX
5) This script uses OCR when using soulstone training, so you must have your UO screen uncovered

Why OCR?  Well, everyone will have a different set of skills that appears in the Soulstone gump.  The script has to adjust for this.  Unfortunately, this means you have to keep the screen uncovered.  This is a good script to run when you goto dinner or take a shower.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
tool_statgain12.txt
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:30:18 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Trailmyx's Stats Builder
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 04:41:20 AM »
Updated to v8.  I'll redo the explanation sometime.

Please try to break it.... :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 04:46:42 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Trailmyx's Stats Builder
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 05:29:07 AM »
Updated to v9.

Found an issue when using soulstone and skill goes over limit.  This would cause the use soulstone flag to change and stop that process.  Now the checkmarks are "sampled" when you hit the button.

Also made the threshold configurable and changed it to 25.0 from 26.0 since auto-gain seems to stop at 25.0.  From 25.0 to 26.0 was just wasting uses.

Added indicator to see if you are doing ArmsLore or ItemID
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:30:52 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Trailmyx's Stats Builder (for STR, DEX, INT)
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 03:18:02 AM »
Updated to v10.

Added overrides for lower limit and upper limit.  These numbers are locked until you "check" the appropriate checkmarks.

Also fixed logic so that once you lock either STR or DEX, you won't continue training the other skill just because you still need to train INT.

Tweaked it to be compatible with RunUO.  (must set the lower limit to 10.0 from 25.0) - DEX is slow on RunUO using Item ID.....  May have to find another skill to use instead...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 03:23:41 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 07:50:28 PM »
Updated to v11.

I changed the visual indicator of what methods are available to a listbox.  Should be less confusing.  Plus I'm trying to find cool new uses for my new listbox functions. :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 08:53:24 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 04:59:17 PM »
Will this still work  for me?  My account was looted and all chars deleted so I don't have 100 of any skill atm or any soulstones.  I'm wondering if i'll still be able to use this.  If so I have 7 characters about I need stats on! :)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 05:15:02 PM »
Get those skills to 100.0 then.  Either way it works pretty good and I'm looking forward to seeing someone test it... ;)

Bummer there's no soulstones available.  Those bast-tards.  Isn't there a blue soulstone you can buy?  I might even have a few unused codes.

No red soulstones available, or did they clean you out of rewards?

Won't work otherwise because it relies on success using a skill, or an increase in a skill.  If you try using it with a skill betwen 26.0 and 60, you might as well let it run for days...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:15:55 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »
Public release.  Perhaps someone will find some use for this. Personally, I use it quite a bit.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 02:17:29 PM »
Sorry TM. currently all my characters are preety much set in stone atm.. or you can think of it like i'm giving you a break :P

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 04:07:42 PM »
No worries, it's a kinda odd-ball script.  Definitely a use, but mainly if you are moving to a new shard and want to power-game a bunch of new characters fast.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 08:37:47 AM »
having the 2 skills 100 seems unnecessary to me. the way i always trained stats was to see-saw item id(for int), arms lore (str), or snooping(dex) from 0 to 20

ex:
i want to gain int
item id starts at 0
arms lore at 0
work ID to 20, change arrows to decrease
work arms lore to 20, id to 0
point arms lore down, ID up
repeat

note: have to be skill capped already

think itd be pretty easy to script too

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 10:06:39 AM »
It's a matter of how long it takes to gain that stat.  You can certainly start training a stat at a lower skill level, but you REALLY get the stat increase upon successful gains of that skill.  Unsuccessful gains don't give you a stat increase.  I have a BUNCH of supporting testing I can publish from the development of this script.

The main reason for the two skills at 100 is for those people that A) don't have a soul stone, or B) don't want to burn their Item ID or Arms lore.  And from testing, the stat gain with the two skills at 100 was actually faster than skill gain from 0-20 by about 20%.  If you don't believe that, take a look at TC and test it out.  I built quite a few character there to test these methods to convince myself this all worked dandy.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 10:42:05 AM »
Here is a snippet from the Elite thread with some of the final testing of this script to give you a timing comparison between the two methods:

My last experiment with 100.0 Arms Lore and Item Identification was this:

Starting from 21/16/59 on 2 characters (trained to 75/75/80):

1) 100.0 Arms Lore and Item Identification 88 minutes
2) Soulstone method and 0.0 in each skill 102 minutes

I'll probably end up splitting this script into 4 different methods and have it autosense what methods are available

1) 100.0 Arms Lore - Train INT/STR
2) 100.0 Item Evaluation - Train INT/DEX
3) Empty soulstone and 0 Arms Lore - Train INT/STR
4) Empty soulstone and 0 Item Evaluation  - Train INT/DEX

I need to be careful about the logic because there's a potential of this script to dump someones skill, so it needs to be very sure not to dump the 100.0 Arms Lore or Item Evaluation...  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 11:14:21 AM »
ya not trying to bang on the script but its just what ive always done, wasnt sure what was more effective

it just seems easier to save the time from GMing them and just start lower and do it for a longer period. but if u have the soulstones on hand u could use em again which is nice

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 11:15:45 AM »
It works well with the red soulstones too, and everyone has access to those as a 1 year reward.  I kinda forgot those were there myself.  ;)

Originally, I didn't even have the 100.0 skill one in there until OMGBurgers suggested it.  I was skeptical myself until I tried it and was amazed how fast it was.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: TrailMyx Skills