Author Topic: quest gumps question? :p  (Read 2384 times)

Offline EekAMacroTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • EekAMacro has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
quest gumps question? :p
« on: April 29, 2010, 04:16:52 AM »
Hi, I'm trying to make a questing script, and I wanted to know how to have easyuo discriminate different quests from the same npc. I thought I could use #contid or #conttype but instead of a value, easyuo gives me a nice N/A text. Quests gumps have same #contkind and #contsize so I just can't figure out how to select a different quest. Maybe there is some way to have easyuo "read" the text of the quest gump?
More specifically I'm trying to differentiate the quests "beer goggles" from "message in a bottle" off the wine tender npc in heartwood

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
Re: quest gumps question? :p
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 05:17:29 AM »
You'll have to do pixel scanning to determin which quests are which. Take a look at TM's heartwood questor on how to do it.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline EekAMacroTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • EekAMacro has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
ok, I'm using the savepix and pixcolor commands. Work great

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 10:17:09 AM »
ok, I'm using the savepix and pixcolor commands. Work great

If you look in my sig I have a "Poor Man's OCR" sub that might help you also.  Very fast and easy to use.  You just feed it coordinates and it will read the area for you and return #true/#false I believe...

Tags: