Author Topic: Suuuuuuuuuuuup  (Read 1378 times)

Offline jgrubermanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jgruberman has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Suuuuuuuuuuuup
« on: January 21, 2014, 12:45:30 PM »
Hello, I'm Josh.  Been playing UO on and off since about 2002.

I started off back in the day when someone in Trinsic handed me a pickaxe and said "If you want to make money, you can make armor... but you need to mine the ore first".  So I started mining in the Trinsic mines and dragging my ore piles(when they didn't get stolen) back to town and smelting it there at the smith.  Remember those days?  I'd offer to repair armor or make armor for people at the forge and eventually bought a very very very very small house.

Then I had a housewarming party(this is before Tram/Fel) and someone actually PK'd me out front of my house when I was outside and my key got stolen, along with my house belongings.  Eventually I worked back up to a bigger, better house and eventually bought a tower.  I wasn't a huge fan of the giant stone towers, so I went ahead and sold it on eBay for $500(back when UO items were sold online).  Then I ended up with a larger three room house... those one story ones.  Eventually my friend that I played the game with and I got bored and wanted to try and dupe money.  So we tried a bug that consisted of dropping gold coins on the ground one by one on every tile of the house... then walking out the door with a bag of money and the lag would pop you back inside with TWO bags of money.  Well it was partially true, it caused lag.  It caused so much lag, the Gamemaster said we caused 30,000 servers to lag and our house was physically removed from the game along with all of our belongings.  So.... we were done for a while.

THEN we came back and started playing and mining from a small mining house in the middle of the mountains... THEN we got bored and stopped playing.  THEN it was just me who came back because I had nothing better to do at work and eventually I got bored again and left.

THIS time, my girlfriend lives 60 miles away and I don't get to see her every day, so now UO passes the time between when I get to see her and I'm super lazy because I don't want to actually manually WORK my skills... so I have relied on easyuo and now will see what ScriptUO has to offer.

Thanks!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Suuuuuuuuuuuup
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 12:54:16 PM »
Welcome to the site!  This is a great intro.  Thank you for taking the extra time to say hello.  Your restricted status has been lifted!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 05:43:01 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 05:59:34 PM »
Those were the good old days of UO for sure.  There has been no other game to date that allowed you to pretty much loose everything just by getting PKed while walking in the forest.  Back then, it was normal to approach people with distrust and then relief when they were nice.  Those were the good old days.  I like Trammel, but it's just a different game.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 11:08:40 AM »
Welcome to ScriptUO and I remember when I got PKed outsie my house and my key got stolen and all my stuff looted out of my house.

Tags: