Author Topic: ohmygooses!  (Read 9326 times)

Offline j.kittyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • j.kitty has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
ohmygooses!
« on: October 05, 2009, 07:21:21 AM »
Hey all, I'm j.kitty and as you may have surmised, I'm new here!  I've played UO off and on since 1999 (though I didn't have my own account until 2004).  I started on Chessy and recently expanded to LS, Cats and GL with my pvp guild.  Since the new expansion, I've been focusing my three accounts on resource gathering and training skills (damn imbuing is giving me migraines and nightmares and I'm STILL not 120!!).  Hmm.. my friends would probably say I'm a trammy at heart because I like to design and deco houses, but I also love getting out there and kicking ass on my archer and necro mage (soon to be nox weave mage).  There's really never enough time in the day to accomplish everything in UO that I sit down to do (mainly because I'm easily distrac...oooh shiney!!).  Ultimately I'm here because UOMaddog said I should register (I think he's tired of my pestering icq's about scripts  ;) ).  I've done a little bit of scripting, mainly modding existing scripts to add new item id's to increase functionality. 

Anyway, that's my intro... now would someone please update craftinfo.txt so I can get back to doing bods again? *SOBS* hehe  :D

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: ohmygooses!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 07:24:09 AM »
Thank you for the very nice intro, and welcome to SUO. Any friend of maddog is sure welcome here! Enjoy the site and all it has to offer. Join in, its a great community here!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 12:39:54 PM »
Welcome stranger!  ;)

Can't wait to be able to say "Didn't you read the thread?!" instead of answering over ICQ! But anyways, she's a good little trammy that will gladly test scripts for you. I promised her and her friend an Imbuing script, but my time hasn't allowed for it...so I'm happy to help with any/all Imbuing ones that people create and she'll gladly test it!

Nice to see you here!!

UOMaddog
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 12:44:03 PM »
Welcome stranger!  ;)

Can't wait to be able to say "Didn't you read the thread?!" instead of answering over ICQ! But anyways, she's a good little trammy that will gladly test scripts for you. I promised her and her friend an Imbuing script, but my time hasn't allowed for it...so I'm happy to help with any/all Imbuing ones that people create and she'll gladly test it!

Nice to see you here!!

UOMaddog
biggoodjohn who is not at all active on these was running an imbuing script last night while I was running the unravel script.
I'll check to see where he got it and post back if that will help.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 12:45:27 PM »
YES!  I will test your imbuing scripts gladly!  107 imbuing by hand then I just gave up.  Blinding migraines are really not a girl's best friend...

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 12:48:21 PM »
Oh hey, you're the one UOMaddog was talking about.  heh  Glad he brought you on board.

Yeh, you'll like the community here.  We all try and help one another out.  With other sites, scripting gets a bad wrap, but here we all know how scripting can add another dimension to a tired old game.  If it wasn't for scripts and script authoring, I would have hung up my paid accounts years ago. 

We have very simple rules here, but we do ask for people to respect one another.  Reading stratics gives me a headache, so we try to avoid their allowed attitude. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 12:55:02 PM »
Oh hey, you're the one UOMaddog was talking about. 

Uhoh.. *hides under the desk* hehe just kidding.  Hello TrailMyx.  Thanks for all the awesome scripts of yours that I've used.  I certainly wouldn't have 3 accounts now (among countless other things) without the scripting community.  I was hoping to be able to fix the ones of mine that aren't working due to the crafting menu changes, but I fear it is well above my head.  So I have a healthy respect for the magic ya'll are able to work.  Keep it up!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 01:15:34 PM »
Good, keep the talking about scripting and UO. There is NO toilet cozy talking here!!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 01:40:25 PM »
and what is wrong with toilet cozys?
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 02:05:03 PM »
and what is wrong with toilet cozys?

I agree.  I don't know how I'd be able to harvest my bathroom mushrooms without them!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 05:14:31 PM »
Toilet cozys = bad

However, toilet humor = GREAT!  :-\
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Scrripty

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 05:26:30 PM »
More Trammies?  *sigh* :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 05:27:40 PM »
More Trammies?  *sigh* :)

Welcome to the minority, Twinkle McNugget.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 05:36:19 PM »
Don't worry! For what she puts out in Tramminess, I make up for in PvP! Plus, she actually does PvP as well and can kill most of the GMs of the PvP guilds on our shards!

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 05:48:24 PM »
I PVP all the time......

Well okay some of the time........

Ok I PVP rarely............

OK OK I ONLY PVP WHEN I ACCIDENTLY CHOOSE FELUCCA AT A MOONGATE AND EVEN THEN I JUST RUN SCREAMING LIKE A LITTLE HORDE MINION INTO THE NEAREST GUARDZONE FURIOUSLY SCREAMING "GUARDS! GUARDS! OH GOD HELP ME WHERE ARE THE GUARDS?"

*whew.....pant...pant...There I feel better*
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Tags: