Author Topic: Fire Beetle.  (Read 5607 times)

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Fire Beetle.
« on: November 02, 2010, 02:56:47 PM »
Stupid question probably...   

What is the easist way to resurrect a fire beetle using the mininum of skill points ? (what skills needed)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Beetle.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 03:11:08 PM »
can't you resurrect him at the stables?

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 03:15:21 PM »
Aren't there new potions or things that will rez pets now, or the animal trainer npc that do it?..not sure, thought there were.

But to rez one yourself, I believe you need at least 80 lore and 80 vet.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 06:32:42 PM »
Here is my problem.
-l stables wont always rez your pet.. dont know specifics as to why... 
- 80/80 Vet/Animal lore is alot of skills to rez a firebeetle
- The Pet rez potion is made by alchemists and key ingrediient is medusa's blood... an expensive rez.

So i guess i better keep my pet alive. !!

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 06:53:18 PM »
Here is my problem.
-l stables wont always rez your pet.. dont know specifics as to why... 
- 80/80 Vet/Animal lore is alot of skills to rez a firebeetle
- The Pet rez potion is made by alchemists and key ingrediient is medusa's blood... an expensive rez.

So i guess i better keep my pet alive. !!

The stables make you wait about 5 minutes (or maybe even 10) after your pet is dead, I assume due to PvP concerns.  It usually takes at least a minute or two after the beetle's corpse has decayed before you can rez it, so your best bet is to keep it alive (or if you can't have a tamer to do the rez, have a throw away character than can do it for you, if not adding the points onto your miner, although I do agree that is a lot of points, even if you could get 30 of each from imbuing a couple jewels, as well as a little more from either the farmer's kasa and the taming talisman, if not the taming version of the mark of the travesty)...
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 07:44:53 PM »
Does the spell weaving spell keep pets alive?

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 08:17:28 PM »
Does the spell weaving spell keep pets alive?

It alows for instant resurrection..  but it doesnot last very long.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 10:20:05 AM »
Here is my problem:
-Stables wont always rez your pet.. dont know specifics as to why... 

The Vets won't rez your Pets within the first five minutes after your Pet dies.  Not sure why EA implented this, but I think I read somewhere that it has to do with PvP and not allowing your Pet to go back into battle right away. 

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 10:26:27 AM »
hmmm.............i don't know................. maybe you read it 3-4 posts before yours, by Dixie?
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 08:45:48 PM »
I don't know where I read this...but the stables won't res pets for five minutes. I heard somewhere that this is because of pvp concerns. I just can't remember where I read that.

:P

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 12:12:54 AM »
I don't know where I read this...but the stables won't res pets for five minutes. I heard somewhere that this is because of pvp concerns. I just can't remember where I read that.

:P

This drives me nuts! I'm not sure it's warranted having such a long delay.

I get so aggravated at the Luna Veterinarian telling me that my Swamp Dragon's spirit "lacks cohesion"... so mad I almost start throwing things across the room. LOL! :o

Seems rather silly to me to have to wait that long then again I'm man of very little patience.

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 01:11:25 AM »

This drives me nuts! I'm not sure it's warranted having such a long delay.

I get so aggravated at the Luna Veterinarian telling me that my Swamp Dragon's spirit "lacks cohesion"... so mad I almost start throwing things across the room. LOL! :o

Seems rather silly to me to have to wait that long then again I'm man of very little patience.

I can understand the PvP side of it, although 5 minutes seems way too long.  I wish it was only active for pet deaths in Fel, but considering that my fire beetle only dies while I am script mining in fel, that wouldn't really help me at all!  So I'm all for "screwing" the PvPers and letting pets be rezzed immediately or even after a minute wait or something short like that, especially since I'm not a PvPer, so I don't mind screwing them over at all!!!  :P
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 02:09:39 AM »
I'm not a PvP'er either which is why it's even more aggravating.

Pets have absolutely no business being involved in PvP to begin with. I'm old school and back in the day if you were to bring a pet along you were a considered a coward and a complete jackass. It's really one of the many many things that is wrong with the current PvP system and why I refuse to engage in it. Sadly it's considered the norm and widely accepted...no longer frowned upon. It's sad how  PvP today is compared to 1997-1999.

Botton line though is this:

Let the players get back into battle already! People are clamoring for action! Why delay what the people want?

I would also venture to guess that many of the PvP'ers who are seeking a Pet Res have a increased likelihood of being in the skill loss penalty box for 20 mins. You'd think that be enuff!?

Either way...it's just dumb. Heal the pets and let everyone get back to what they want to be doing sooner.

Poor pets are getting a raw deal! Someone call PETA!

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 04:33:28 AM »
I use a couple vollems if I'm outnumbered badly and choke hold fighting.

Usually they die before they kill anyone though. haha

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 02:36:16 AM »
I think you have to wait 5 minutes before you can rez your bug at the trainers?? Not sure though.. JK JK JK..  :D

I'm guessing that you mean keeping him safe from the random mobs you recall on top of, and not the pk's that don't seem to exist anymore? 

I just saw someone scripting right next to my house that had quite the setup to keep himself and his bug alive.  Similar to what jtw said above.  He had his bug along with a nightmare and an elemental slayer bow. 

Now I would never use that much taming skill on a miner for one, not when a vollem is identical to a nightmare (exact same, other than you can't ride it).  When he recalled to the mountain, script told his mare to guard him, and it was picking off the random corpsers and reapers that periodically show up outside my place.  As well as the ore elementals that he was pulling off the mountain from using his garg pickaxe.  Coupled with the comp bow he was carrying...I think you get the picture. :)

All in all.  His bug never even got looked at cross eyed..

Tags: