Author Topic: TrailMyx's Master Rail Engine/Developer  (Read 136027 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: TrailMyx's Master Rail Engine/Developer
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 09:43:49 AM »
+1
Take a look at the PDF document.  Toward the end of the document is some sample code you can use to "play" the recorded script.  My code isn't just a rail generator, but a rail engine so it will also play the resulting rail.

Here's some example code (Will run rail forwards and backwards):

Code: [Select]
set %railsubs tool_railengine30k.txt
call %railsubs TM_Initialize

set %railfilename c:\railfilename.txt
set %railname RAIL1

call %railsubs TM_LoadRail %railfilename
if #RESULT = #TRUE
{
  display ok Rail file not found
  stop
}

set #LPC 100
loop1:
  call %railsubs TM_RunRail %railname 0 END FW  ; finish running this rail from the present position to the end
  if #RESULT = #TRUE
  {
    display ok Rail error occurred.
  }
  call %railsubs TM_RunRail %railname 0 END BW  ; finish running this rail from the present position to the end
  if #RESULT = #TRUE
  {
  }
  goto loop1

call %railsubs TM_Close
stop

Judging from your railfile, it looks like you named your rail "Around_House3".
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 09:45:48 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 12:07:20 PM »
+1
The example code works great, and I've read the PDF in whole, very helpful in understanding all the tools and buttons to the scripts, but perhaps I wasn't very clear.  When I use the TM_RD and save the filename and label, I like to look at the saved file in the default save location, c:\.  Then using either notepad or getdiz, have a look at what was written, what is being read, and what changes are applied when I save the same rail and group label but with a different option enabled/disabled, i.e. 'use event pathfind'.  I do have a reason to my madness  :o  , and it'd be helpful to be able to read for myself what was saved.  Easily enough though, I can read the X Y coordinates in the saved file, but the symbols pre and post those points are what's causing my dilemma.

Although I have been a little thick headed over things  :-\ in the past with things, am I way off base here as well and what you are saying is indeed what I'm looking for?  Or is it something probably not possible?  Thanks in advance TM, much appreciated.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 12:19:10 PM »
+1
The example code works great, and I've read the PDF in whole, very helpful in understanding all the tools and buttons to the scripts, but perhaps I wasn't very clear.  When I use the TM_RD and save the filename and label, I like to look at the saved file in the default save location, c:\.  Then using either notepad or getdiz, have a look at what was written, what is being read, and what changes are applied when I save the same rail and group label but with a different option enabled/disabled, i.e. 'use event pathfind'.  I do have a reason to my madness  :o  , and it'd be helpful to be able to read for myself what was saved.  Easily enough though, I can read the X Y coordinates in the saved file, but the symbols pre and post those points are what's causing my dilemma.

Although I have been a little thick headed over things  :-\ in the past with things, am I way off base here as well and what you are saying is indeed what I'm looking for?  Or is it something probably not possible?  Thanks in advance TM, much appreciated.

I think what you are asking is not possible if I understand your request correctly.  The data file is "compressed" in the sense that lots of waypoints are put onto a single line so that it doesn't take FOREVER to save it.  I always meant for the user to use the rail developer to load the rail to tweak it, and not have someone tweak it with notepad, et. al. You might try a different editor; one that displays whitespace as a character.

It would be rather simple to write a sub to display all the waypoints, but if you want to save it in another format like CEO, or Roadkill you have to save line-by-line.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 02:59:02 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 12:52:12 PM »
+1
I had tried that with ceo, and his movements were rather robotic and choppy.  The save took forever too, I had a rail to check the locations of arties in doom and so recorded a rail walking to about 10-12 of the locations...it took forever.  But just as I had thought, it'll either be a fun sub for me to learn and write, or just not possible the way you have it set up.  All in all, I'm infinitely thankful for all you do here, and very grateful for your quick responses.  This script of mine has so many elements, I'll have to come back to this part and do some other stuff.  Thanks again TM  ;D

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 01:09:58 PM »
+1
I had tried that with ceo, and his movements were rather robotic and choppy.  The save took forever too, I had a rail to check the locations of arties in doom and so recorded a rail walking to about 10-12 of the locations...it took forever.  But just as I had thought, it'll either be a fun sub for me to learn and write, or just not possible the way you have it set up.  All in all, I'm infinitely thankful for all you do here, and very grateful for your quick responses.  This script of mine has so many elements, I'll have to come back to this part and do some other stuff.  Thanks again TM  ;D
Well you're welcome.  I love running this place and get jazzed when people use my stuff.  ;)

You might think about using the developer to "tweak" things instead of doing it by hand.  Since you can insert/delete waypoints, and actually "nudge" existing waypoints, you might find that using the developer might actually be easier than doing it by hand.  It's just a different way to do it.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline bliss

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bliss has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 09:44:52 PM »
+1
hey tm this rail engine works great i just have 1 problem when it comes to portals. when i run the rail forward it runs fine when it goes back is when i hit a snag it will stop befor it goes back through portal and says it cant find the next spot . i looked through your rail for heartwood and it looks identical at that point im not sure what im doing wrong but i just cant seem to get it to work

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 09:56:34 PM »
+1
You must be talking about portals to heartwood.... :)

The problem with portals to hearwood is that the name for the portals is different when you are going into heartwood than when you are leaving.

The best I can tell you is to look at the first couple of waypoints in existing the heartwood quest rails.  Also, take a look at page 7 of the PDF since that page pretty much explains the way you need to format the Label of the heartwood portal.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2009, 06:52:45 AM »
+1
I'm trying desperately to understand how to make a rail and incorporate it into my own script.  However, I'm having some rookie problems:

1) When recording the rail, I am unable to find the file I've just created.  I've scanned my entire harddrive and it's just not there after I click save.  It should be noted that I can play the rail once, either forward or backward, inside the rail creator...ONCE.  Afterwards, if I try to play it again in either direction I get nothing.  For the record, I've tried saving to "C:\gatetocave.txt" and "gatetocave.txt".  I'm running vista.

2) When attempting to use the sample test code, I make the first three lines read thusly:

set %railsubs tool_railengine30f.txt
set %rail_filename gatetocave.txt
set %rail_label  TEST

When I play the test code, nada.

Any thoughts?  This is an incredibly powerful tool, but my kung fu is not strong.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 06:56:25 AM by NObama »

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2009, 07:45:01 AM »
+1
I'm running vista.

Any thoughts?  This is an incredibly powerful tool, but my kung fu is not strong.

Cheers!
I think thats the problem right there. TM can tell you how to tame the Vista.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 09:18:57 AM »
+1
With Vista you definitely don't want to save a script to c:\.

So if you just save the a file, it should save to the same directory as your EUOX.exe.  Also be sure to run EUOX.exe as administrator. 

Finally, I've found that if you try and run EUOX.exe from a network share drive in Vista/Win7, strange things can happen.

Honestly, I haven't run the rail developer yet under Vista, and I'm only using Win7 right now.  I might give it a whirl later tonight.  In the mean time, post up your modified test code so I can be sure that's ok.  I've posted some bogus test code in the past, so I want to be sure I have steered you in a strange direction.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2009, 08:04:57 PM »
+1
Code: [Select]
set %railsubs tool_railengine30f.txt
set %rail_filename gatetocave.txt
set %rail_label  TEST

call %railsubs TM_Initialize 

call %railsubs TM_LoadRail %rail_filename

if #RESULT = #TRUE
{
  display ok Rail file not found
  stop
}
set #LPC 1000

call %railsubs TM_RunRail %rail_label 0 END FW 
if #RESULT = #TRUE
{
}

call %railsubs TM_Close
stop

This is what I'm using to test.

I appreciate all the help.  I'm sort of thinking it's a Vista thing...

Cheers-

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2009, 09:19:19 PM »
+1
So are you getting an error like "Rail not found" or "Rail error occurred"  Or is just nothing happening?
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2009, 03:44:15 PM »
+1
One thing I notice quickly is that you are referencing a very old version of the rail engine (probably from the example).  You need to be sure you change the %railsubs variable to be tool_railengine30k.txt or match whatever engine version you have.

Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 06:46:04 AM »
+1
*smacks forehead*  Let me go check that...

EDIT: working now.  Made the requisite changes - damn, TM, this is a powerful tool.

In testing, more as events warrant.

=D

Post Merge: May 04, 2009, 02:09:47 PM
Working Beautifully.  Thanks much!

:D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 02:09:47 PM by NObama »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 06:19:18 PM »
+1
Glad you got it working.

Yeh, with all the other rail scripts out there, I figured it would be good to have something with some cool features and flawless performance.  If you look at all the subs I wrote for it, you'll see just how interesting you can make your scripts.

This debuted in the heartwood quester.  With these subs, the quester transformed into a nearly support-free script.  Before that, railing was an uber headache in timing, setup, etc.  I love when something comes together!
Come play RIFT with me!